Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer wizards: I need your help on choosing my new laptop.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S I did it. I went out and got a Samsung laptop(using it to type this post as a matter of fact). It's pretty good so far. It's got one of those i3 processors or somethin the other. Dont really know what none of that there means, I just know it's as fast as my home cpu if not faster. And it was under $600.

Thanks for the thread Glove bruh. Imma green you when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      S I did it. I went out and got a Samsung laptop(using it to type this post as a matter of fact). It's pretty good so far. It's got one of those i3 processors or somethin the other. Dont really know what none of that there means, I just know it's as fast as my home cpu if not faster. And it was under $600.

Thanks for the thread Glove bruh. Imma green you when I can.
      Nice! Chief...I've been looking into Samsungs and like their tv's, they look very well-made. Most of the ones I've seen are >600 tho, so u got yourself a deal. Sony Vaio's are another one I really like...still haven't made that trip to Best Buy to see any in person tho.

Comment

The one I got is the RV511. I read the reviews on it, and most seem to like it 4 out of 5 stars and all. I wont be doin a whole bunch, done got my skype set up, and figured I'd hit up the Lounge before I lay it down and tell you thanks for creating the thread my man. It helped out in learning what to look for when buying. That way I aint look like a complete computer noob.

Comment

Originally posted by C. BRIGANTE View Post
          As much as we don't see eye to eye, I 100% agree.
          Once you go Mac, trust me you never go back.

Apple isn't the richest company in the world for no reason.
          http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list?partner=worldnow

At least it's ahead of MS :bored:

Comment

My Gateway just crapped out on me. It was 7 years old and got abused, so I'd say it must have been well made.

Just got a new hp and like it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Inb4 Macfags!

Shit, nevermind.
              Aka: "The people who don't know how to work a computer".

Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                The one I got is the RV511. I read the reviews on it, and most seem to like it 4 out of 5 stars and all. I wont be doin a whole bunch, done got my skype set up, and figured I'd hit up the Lounge before I lay it down and tell you thanks for creating the thread my man. It helped out in learning what to look for when buying. That way I aint look like a complete computer noob.
                That's a nice computer. Hopefully they have that deal here at Best Buy too.

Here's a review from Cnet...they seem to agree with you too.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-3121_7-...s=0&o=10006689

Comment

So I ended up picking up this HP G42-475DX

4gb memory @2.9 ghz AMD Phenom Dual-core processor (never had an amd so I'll see how it goes)
                  320gb Hard drive
                  Double-layer DVD-RW
                  ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics
                  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

for $379.99. Spent a lot less than $600 but got exactly what I wanted.

Comment

HP sucks

Dell is the way to go.. great deals and great prices

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v4 View Post
                      HP sucks

Dell is the way to go.. great deals and great prices
                      I've heard the same thing about Dell...HP's new laptops are nice. I'm gonna see how it works out for me. If it sucks oh well, I didn't spend much money on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X