No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: Pacquiao Will Be Able To Catch Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
    Your last comment is really dumb. Even though Rigo completely undressed and humiliated Donaire, Rigo was still put on his ass. Rigo has been knocked down multiple times. When have you ever seen Floyd put on his ass in the ring? Tell me how Rigo is a better technician than Floyd.
    I'm not saying Rigo is a better technician / defensive fighter than Floyd but getting dropped has little to do with defense, this is more about your chin. You know why? Because everybody gets hit in Boxing, no matter how defensively good they are. Floyd got hit more in the first Maidana fight than Rigo in any of his fghts, but he didn't go down.

So the ability to get hit without getting knocked down is what makes a fighter a great technician, a defensive genius? Rios, Provodnikov, etc. are great technicians according to your logic. As I said, punch resistance.

Rigondeaux is statistically the hardest man to hit in Boxing (Compubox).

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      I'm not saying Rigo is a better technician / defensive fighter than Floyd but getting dropped has little to do with defense, this is more about your chin. You know why? Because everybody gets hit in Boxing, no matter how defensively good they are. Floyd got hit more in the first Maidana fight than Rigo in any of his fghts, but he didn't go down.

So the ability to get hit without getting knocked down is what makes a fighter a great technician, a defensive genius? Rios, Provodnikov, etc. are great technicians according to your logic. As I said, punch resistance.

Rigondeaux is statistically the hardest man to hit in Boxing (Compubox).
      Well said.

Just because Floyd has a better chin than Rigo doesn't make him a better technician.

Rigo is the most textbook technical boxer I've ever seen.

Comment

ofcourse donaire. because the sport of boxing is designed to get hit. the question is will pacquiao figure out away not to get hit. mayweather has defense,footwork,head movement and accurate counter punching. pac is one dimensional with speed and power. that won't be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          ofcourse donaire. because the sport of boxing is designed to get hit. the question is will pacquiao figure out away not to get hit. mayweather has defense,footwork,head movement and accurate counter punching. pac is one dimensional with speed and power. that won't be enough.
          Question is how many of those rapid fire punches can Pac land without missing and getting hit himself?

Might work for a little while, then what? What is Plan B when he finds out Floyd can neutralize that type of attack?

Comment

For $100 ppv I hope both guys will be able to catch each other

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
              For $100 ppv I hope both guys will be able to catch each other
              So you calling double KO... then "unfinished business" September Ppv?

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                So you calling double KO... then "unfinished business" September Ppv?
                That would be worth every penny. Would serve them right for waiting 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                  Sure, the same way Nonito was able to catch Rigondeaux.
                  Donaire lost but did catch him and drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    Well said.

Just because Floyd has a better chin than Rigo doesn't make him a better technician.

Rigo is the most textbook technical boxer I've ever seen.
                    He's not a better technician either. All of the time's he's been dropped as a pro it's mostly been because he's off-balance and/or flat footed(Amagasa, Donaire). The only that wasn't from him being off balanced was from Cordoba. He managed to step into him and tap his chin and because Rigo stepped into the punch with hands down.

Comment

The only thing that Mayweather might catch on this fight is COLD.Manny's multiple punches in the air!
                      Last edited by Class Act; 03-03-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X