Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Cotto lose to Pacquaio because of the catchweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been so many blunders in Cotto's career but him not having an elite trainer like Roach since his departure from his uncle is absolutely ******ed. The catch weight didn't help him.

Comment

I'm sure the CW didn't help, but I don't see any version of Cotto beating Pac. His style is all wrong for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        Pacquiao won because he put a horrible beating on Cotto, end of story.
        The same beating was handed out to Margarito and Manny admitted to taking it easy on Tony. He was begging the ref to save Plasterito's eye socket. Your boy was Korean after that fight.

Comment

I think Cotto had an off night... Catchweight did not help either. I don't think Manny beat's Cotto as easily any other night. I give Cotto a good chance of beating Manny.

Comment

cotto looked in great shape for the pac fight.

Comment

Duhhhh!!!

Same with Oscar by bringing him to 147 where hadnt fought in 10 years, Margarito as well. Which is why his 7th and 8th title dont count.

The reason why a rematch never happened was due to weight where the wanted Cotto to drop down and drain so they can yet again take advantage.

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-den...-weight--57503

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-cott...o-talks--49206

All you need to know why Pacquiao had that sham victory.

Comment

Originally posted by YouHateRicans! View Post
                The same beating was handed out to Margarito and Manny admitted to taking it easy on Tony. He was begging the ref to save Plasterito's eye socket. Your boy was Korean after that fight.
                Manny shouldve taken easy on Margarito by not making him drain to 150.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                  I'm sure the CW didn't help, but I don't see any version of Cotto beating Pac. His style is all wrong for Cotto.
                  Well then Pac's team shouldn't have made catch weight an issue, which led to the breakdown of rematch negotiations.

Comment

That was part of it, but IMO mostly because he didn't have a real trainer, camp ect for that fight. He had no game plan & pretty much got him self ready for that fight with no real help.

Comment

The one pound being talked about was the fact that Cotto weighed 146 for the Clottey the fight before the PAC fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X