Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the media handled Bonds PED issue..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW the TS is straight @ss and post the same b.s. day in and day out.

When it comes up that Manny is tied to some drug company or some inside info leaks....then we can think about comparing his situation to Barry Bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      the mainstream media doesn't follow or know enough about boxing to feel comfortable criticizing a fighter. if boxing was more mainstream i have no doubt we would have heard more people saying the type of **** teddy atlas was saying about pacs refusal to test being suspicious...and rightfully so.
      Boxing will never become mainstream. There have been attempts to make it mainstream, I forgot the name of that boxing show which was shown every week. It appeared to be a new organization not allied to any boxing bodies. It's no longer shown. Don't have any clue what the problem was. Maybe there was not a steady stream of fighters that would be ready to fight every week. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Racism... or...

Might be a little thing called evidence and ****ing admitting steroid use while under oath, but who really knows? Just go with racism, doesn't matter that Manny is Asian though.

I didn't know that Bonds admitted to steroid use. That is news to me. Also they don't have any evidence on Barry that can convict him, thus the reason they need his friend to testify against him. I think their going after him on tax evasion now.

Comment

in baseball it's obvious when someone is hitting harder, running faster w/e

in boxing it's not, not to mention, boxing is 75% mental and more about ring IQ than how many punches you can throw or how hard you can punch

Comment

Conspiracy acts are destined to be exposed. They happen only in the movies. In this case, PED usage can't possibly be a one-man act. There are the suppliers, middlemen, administerer, etc. Thus, if you're really objective, you would consider all these things. And if you're honest about yourself these are the first things that would normally cross your mind. Added to that are demeanors of people involved. Do they impress you as acting guilty, and so on.

Comment

Because bonds was black. While dudes like Mark M. And A rod gets swept aside. Being black and arrogant don't mix with white media. Same **** we see happening with Floyd. If you a good little house ninja it's ok(well not ok but the scrutiny wouldn't be as bad). See Shane Mosley.

Just like the mike Vick ****. Ben can rape little college girls and it's ok. Vick kills some dam dogs and they want to lench him(matter of fact some dude said Vick should be put the death recently).

The situation with PAC is different. He is not being accused by the media or boxingcommissions l. Just by the mayweathers(but we all know if Floyd refused a test all he'll would brake loose).

Comment

Also Americans don't give a **** about boxing like that to care.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Maybe BALCO had something to do with it
                  Very simple answer....

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    BTW the TS is straight @ss and post the same b.s. day in and day out.

When it comes up that Manny is tied to some drug company or some inside info leaks....then we can think about comparing his situation to Barry Bonds.
                    Not to mention, they also went after Mcguire, Clemons, Pettet, and Solsa...Bonds was not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by MIAMI CANE View Post
                      I didn't know that Bonds admitted to steroid use. That is news to me. Also they don't have any evidence on Barry that can convict him, thus the reason they need his friend to testify against him. I think their going after him on tax evasion now.
                      If memory serves, Bonds mentioned using the "clear' on a couple of occassions. Plus his name was tied to the Balco thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X