Fallout New Vegas is getting glorious reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN USA with a critical review for once

Very buggy they say... Damn.
    Last edited by Grand Champ; 10-20-2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      IGN USA with a critical review for once

Very buggy they say... Damn.
      What's that got to do with Fallout?

Comment

playing it right now

couldnt wait until friday

good so far.

ill give my review in a few days

Comment

GamesTM: "New Vegas won't help Obsidian to shake its reputation as a purveyor of technically flawed but theoretically excellent sequels to other studio's games--the bugs here are numerous, and occasionally infuriating--but it's difficult to conceive of anyone who loved Bethesda's re-imagined universe feeling any differently about this."

Joystiq: "How could I hope to evaluate the worth of Fallout: New Vegas, a full-price game that's practically identical, both graphically and mechanically, to another game that was released two years ago? How could I tell you whether or not it's an insult that you're being asked to pay $60 for a game that's so technically deficient that it scarcely feels past the beta stage?"

Giant Bomb: "Less than an hour in, I was staring at a guard, pacing back and forth to guard his post... 20 feet off the ground. Enemies clip into the ground with an alarming frequency, often making them impossible to shoot. The game--a retail disc running on a new-model Xbox 360--crashed on me about a dozen times over the 33 hours I spent playing, often taking a significant amount of progress with it. The load times and frame rate seemed to get randomly worse as I continued to play the game, with some simple scene transitions taking 20 seconds or more."

AtomicGamer: "Unfortunately, the Fallout: New Vegas experience is fraught with a pretty large range of bugs, some of which are hilarious and fun, and others which will just lock up the game. I found several crash bugs in both the 360 and PS3 versions, problems with the Caravan card game not starting properly, and plenty of issues with NPC pathing and animations."

Quarter To Three: "I will say it's got some really disappointing tech and balance issues. The Xbox 360 version has locked up on me several times and I've heard the same from a colleague who's also playing. In addition, there seems to be some sort of memory leak. I was about ready to just throw in the towel, convinced that the geometry and effects in the actual New Vegas area were too much for the engine. But I cleared the memory cache (not sure if that actually does anything) and restarted my 360, and that made a world of difference. Now I'm making a point to quit out every few hours."

FileFront: "Unfortunately, not everything about New Vegas is positive. First off, there are a horrific number of glitches in the XBox 360 version. Creatures routinely get stuck while navigating terrain, and the player can also get stuck in some very awkward locations, necessitating a reload of a save game. Also, the 360 version seems to have some crash issues. On numerous occasions the game would hang on the loading screen, forcing a hard reboot of the console. On the minor side, expect terrain graphics to pop-in from time to time."

G4TV: "Perhaps the biggest, most substantive criticism of Fallout: New Vegas is that it's glitchy. Not just annoying so, but utterly, game-breakingly glitchy. In a massive, marathon play-through (before the game's official launch), the game crashed five times in a 26 hour period, often in the middle of the action during vital moments."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20816...ockroach.html/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
            GamesTM: "New Vegas won't help Obsidian to shake its reputation as a purveyor of technically flawed but theoretically excellent sequels to other studio's games--the bugs here are numerous, and occasionally infuriating--but it's difficult to conceive of anyone who loved Bethesda's re-imagined universe feeling any differently about this."

Joystiq: "How could I hope to evaluate the worth of Fallout: New Vegas, a full-price game that's practically identical, both graphically and mechanically, to another game that was released two years ago? How could I tell you whether or not it's an insult that you're being asked to pay $60 for a game that's so technically deficient that it scarcely feels past the beta stage?"

Giant Bomb: "Less than an hour in, I was staring at a guard, pacing back and forth to guard his post... 20 feet off the ground. Enemies clip into the ground with an alarming frequency, often making them impossible to shoot. The game--a retail disc running on a new-model Xbox 360--crashed on me about a dozen times over the 33 hours I spent playing, often taking a significant amount of progress with it. The load times and frame rate seemed to get randomly worse as I continued to play the game, with some simple scene transitions taking 20 seconds or more."

AtomicGamer: "Unfortunately, the Fallout: New Vegas experience is fraught with a pretty large range of bugs, some of which are hilarious and fun, and others which will just lock up the game. I found several crash bugs in both the 360 and PS3 versions, problems with the Caravan card game not starting properly, and plenty of issues with NPC pathing and animations."

Quarter To Three: "I will say it's got some really disappointing tech and balance issues. The Xbox 360 version has locked up on me several times and I've heard the same from a colleague who's also playing. In addition, there seems to be some sort of memory leak. I was about ready to just throw in the towel, convinced that the geometry and effects in the actual New Vegas area were too much for the engine. But I cleared the memory cache (not sure if that actually does anything) and restarted my 360, and that made a world of difference. Now I'm making a point to quit out every few hours."

FileFront: "Unfortunately, not everything about New Vegas is positive. First off, there are a horrific number of glitches in the XBox 360 version. Creatures routinely get stuck while navigating terrain, and the player can also get stuck in some very awkward locations, necessitating a reload of a save game. Also, the 360 version seems to have some crash issues. On numerous occasions the game would hang on the loading screen, forcing a hard reboot of the console. On the minor side, expect terrain graphics to pop-in from time to time."

G4TV: "Perhaps the biggest, most substantive criticism of Fallout: New Vegas is that it's glitchy. Not just annoying so, but utterly, game-breakingly glitchy. In a massive, marathon play-through (before the game's official launch), the game crashed five times in a 26 hour period, often in the middle of the action during vital moments."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20816...ockroach.html/

Yeah I read alot of PC users with performance issues (didnt realize the 360 had issues too), cant say I understand their problem it runs fine for me, VATS doesnt always work and there are some fine tuning that needs to be done definately. Otherwise been playing for like 5 hours and havent encountered any glitches.

My first impression was this is the same exact game which it is..same game engine..same graphics. No molerats yet, they been replaced with gekos

Was hard to get into at first cause of the sameness but once you get going its fun, I loled @ one part where a guy ran up rejoicing in how he won the lotto and he was saying **** yeah! then I shot him and took his ticket
            Last edited by Crazylegs77; 10-20-2010, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
              Yeah I read alot of PC users with performance issues (didnt realize the 360 had issues too), cant say I understand their problem it runs fine for me, VATS doesnt always work and there are some fine tuning that needs to be done definately. Otherwise been playing for like 5 hours and havent encountered any glitches.

My first impression was this is the same exact game which it is..same game engine..same graphics. No molerats yet, they been replaced with gekos

Was hard to get into at first cause of the sameness but once you get going its fun, I loled @ one part where a guy ran up rejoicing in how he won the lotto and he was saying **** yeah! then I shot him and took his ticket
              there are mole rats.

just gotta head north of the town you first start off in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                What's that got to do with Fallout?
                LMAO was watching Vegas and Vanquish review, I copy pasted the wrong one. The IGN review is up now.

Comment

Much too similar to its predecessor to bother with imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    Much too similar to its predecessor to bother with imo.
                    Agreed, I'm a little dissapointed so far. Been watching some video's on youtube of it. in the EU we get it the 22th it's already released in the US so I'm getting a peak at it..

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                      there are mole rats.

just gotta head north of the town you first start off in.
                      yeah recently ran into them on my way to find the guy with the checkered sportcoat

Comment

Working...
                      X