Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After last night I am 100% convinced that Mayweather beats Pac.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After last night I am 100% convinced that Mayweather beats Pac.

Before last night I would have gave the edge to Manny over Floyd. Now I am sure that Mayweather beats Pac. Simply because Manny needs someone to stand in front of him. Manny looked great when Cotto stood and traded with him(something Floyd will not do), Manny landed flush when Cotto lunged in and swung wild(also something Floyd will not do). When Cotto started trying to stay away, Manny could not let off combinations. Cotto started backing away and using his jab, thats when Manny didn't look so great or land so flush. Instead Manny was getting frustrated and stopping in the middle of the ring with his hands down. Floyd will do that to him all night. Floyd by wide UD in similar fashion as the Marquez fight. I think it will be bad match making on Pacquiaos handlers part if the fight is made.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Yeah I agree, although I wouldn't go so far as to predict a shut-out. Pacquiao will show less restraint against Floyd and could win rounds off workrate alone.

Cotto's downfall was his inability to mix offense and defense - he seemed to only be able to commit to one at a time, while Mayweather will win rounds off the backfoot and land scoring blows consistently without opening himself to Manny's own.

Comment

Jmm > cotto @ 145

Comment

Originally posted by PoetryInMotion View Post
          Before last night I would have gave the edge to Manny over Floyd. Now I am sure that Mayweather beats Pac. Simply because Manny needs someone to stand in front of him. Manny looked great when Cotto stood and traded with him(something Floyd will not do), Manny landed flush when Cotto lunged in and swung wild(also something Floyd will not do). When Cotto started trying to stay away, Manny could not let off combinations. Cotto started backing away and using his jab, thats when Manny didn't look so great or land so flush. Instead Manny was getting frustrated and stopping in the middle of the ring with his hands down. Floyd will do that to him all night. Floyd by wide UD in similar fashion as the Marquez fight. I think it will be bad match making on Pacquiaos handlers part if the fight is made.
          BEFORE last night, you gave an edge to manny, but AFTER the fight, you're convinced he'll lose to floyd

nah, manny will force mayweather to work, probably like he has never done in a fight before.....but at no point, before last night, or after last night, did i ever think manny could beat mayweather.....

all that said, pacman's great tho.

Comment

Mayweather has to be more active...more active then he was against Zab Judah. Land lead right hands and tie him up. The beauty of Mayweather's lead right hand is if he misses, he still ties you up in the process, not allowing the opponent to get off. We also have to consider that Cotto faught one-handed and I did say Cotto didn't have a good enough right hand. I expected all this, didn't expect Cotto to do that good though.

I'm 50/50 Poetry, I really am. But I willing to bet all that Mayweather wins.

Comment

Manny handlers want the best, unlike cherry picking Floyd...so bad match up or not, they will take the fight ( if the fights is 50/50)....Manny got tired of CHASING....so he stood still...that made Cotto stop running and take a beating.....

Comment

50-50 fight. Who would win and hypothetical purse split. Lets see em settle it in the ring.

Comment

No i don't want mayweather to fight pacquiao his too much of a threat to his 0 i want other fighter that could display mayweather skill. Last night i saw even greater evidence that mayweather couldn't hurt this guy so better not to fight this one better find any boxer to fight and ill be happy and confident, but not this fight.

Comment

Bingo, you use your head. Smart post, if you dont engage Manny he wont have as many chances, the Marquez fights is all anyone needs to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X