Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enzo is a freaking amatuer

Comment

Joe Calzaghe of course sparred.

Towards the end of his career it wasn't very intense.

I guess he sparred with Enzo Macc, Bradley Pryce and Nathan Cleverly and Gary Lockett.

Comment

Calzaghe did spar, although not enough and I've criticised him for this before.

For the Hopkins fight they were hoping Bradley Pryce would be a key sparring partner further in the US. I think Nathan Cleverly was saying they hoped Bradley's visa issues before the fight would be sorted, because when sparring with Joe in the UK they could only really manage 3 rounds each then swap.

Enzo Calzaghe is definitely lacking in bringing in good and suitable sparring partners though, no doubt. Enzo Mac shoulda done more to help himself though really, I like the guy but he's behind in his career compared to where he was, due to his own failings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          Joe Calzaghe of course sparred.

Towards the end of his career it wasn't very intense.

I guess he sparred with Enzo Macc, Bradley Pryce and Nathan Cleverly and Gary Lockett.
          All the sparring I can remember hearing about was local or in-house. Going back I know he sparred with Nathan King a lot. And in recent years it's always been the Team Calzaghe lads you mentioned, Macca, Pryce, Clev, Hope, Lockett.

Comment

Working...
          X