No announcement yet.

boxing is alive and well and will continue for generations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing is alive and well and will continue for generations

my son, who is in seventh grade told me at dinner tonight, a lot of kids at school were talking about the pacquiao Marquez fight for a few days. don't worry boxing fans, a new generation is rising. teach your sons, daughters, nephews, nieces, cousins, etc about this great sport and it will thrive. this sport is based on mans most basic to instinct, survival. it will never die.

Do you live in LA?

It was crazy out here, every single person I talked to watched the fight and wanted to talk about it. I want to see a map of where the majority of PPV purchases came from, for sure California would be up there.

Comment

I live in Iowa and nobody gives a sh/t about boxing here. I have not heard a single soul talk about this fight. Pisses me off seriously.

Comment

Boxing will never die in Mexico so I don't need to worry

Comment

yup my niece and nephew came over to watch the fight, fight night. Said that alot of people were talking about it on friday at their jr high.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekeneg View Post
            I live in Iowa and nobody gives a sh/t about boxing here. I have not heard a single soul talk about this fight. Pisses me off seriously.
            Nobody gives a sh/t about Iowa so it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
              Nobody gives a sh/t about Iowa so it's ok.
              LOL, well for me it would be really nice to be able to talk about boxing to someone in person not just on the internet.

Comment

ugh the idea young people aren't into boxing is a total myth. 28% of boxing fans are age 18 and under. That's close to the NFL and better than NASCAR and NBA. I forget NASCAR'S percentage but the NBA's is 15%. Actually to be honest that's 18-24, under 18s can't be studied.

The only reason this **** about drawing young fans has become such a talking point is because the UFC gloats about targeting a young audience to rub it in boxing's face. The UFC target a very immature demographic of non-sport fans. They aren't appealing to realistic stable sports fans, they're targeting morons who switched over from WWE.

UFC has a fan base of 25 million while boxing has 50 million. UFC's 18 YRO fan base accounts for 55% of their number. 55% of 25 million is 13 million. 28% of 50 million is 15 million. The UFC only appeal to young demographics in terms that they merely have a high percentage of young people within their small fan base. They don't actually have more young fans than boxing, just a higher concentration in a smaller fan base.
                Last edited by croz; 12-14-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

The only difference between now and back then is that boxers and boxing isn't in the regular media. I think it's just as popular, it's just not covered in everyday news.

Either way, boxing will not go away. MMA came, stirred up the scene a little bit but now it seems like it's on the decline.

Comment

Yes! Boxing is alive!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X