Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather would have won easy if he boxed, instead of fighting toe-to-toe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Nah not done but it's only downhill from here.

I don't see him retiring undefeated if he does have 3 more fights.
    Who is he going to lose to? Do you think he loses to a better opponent or father time, or both?

Comment

If Floyd snapped out his jab more consistently in those early rounds, it would have stopped alot of Maidana's momentum. I was wondering why he wasnt using it so much. Possibly to avoid Maidana timing it with a big right over the top but i would think floyd would of still been way too fast for that.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
        If Floyd snapped out his jab more consistently in those early rounds, it would have stopped alot of Maidana's momentum. I was wondering why he wasnt using it so much. Possibly to avoid Maidana timing it with a big right over the top but i would think floyd would of still been way too fast for that.
        True

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Birts View Post
          I think Mayweather would have won easy if he boxed, instead of going toe-to-toe. I understand that he wanted to please the fans, but trying to please the fans could have cost him the fight. All he had to do was box and tie him up on the inside, but instead he slugged it out and fought off the ropes. Wether you had him winning or losing the fight, He won the fight. I had him winning 116-112, 8-4. I had him winning rounds 2,3,6,7,9,10,11,12. It was competitive but not close. Maidana had aggression and activity, but Mayweather had accuracy and precision. It only looked like Maidana was doing something was because he was constantly smothering Floyd. He never really landed anything significant, except some good body shots. Mayweather clearly landed the cleaner, harder and effective shots, that's why he won the fight.
          Floyd didnt have a chose. Maidana would not let him box.

Comment

Floyd doesn't move much. He usually stays in the center of the ring and turns his opponents and counters them with ease. Floyd has has never been a runner. I will give him credit there. I think it is a combination of age, he is physically stronger, and if you remember since the hatton fight , when floyd was using the ropes for leverage on his counters to hattons brawling. Floyd has begun to use that style more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
              Mayweather didn't DECIDE to go toe-to-toe, he had NO CHOICE in the matter. Maidana kept pressuring him throughout the entire fight.
              The people that think Floyd 'chose' to do what he did are kidding themselves. There is no future version of this fight where Floyd gets to stand in the middle of the ring to potshot Chino in ones. The only difference in a rematch will be:
              -Floyd will be older.
              -Chino will have a legitimate sense of grievance.
              -Chino won't even give Floyd tentative respect because he knows what Floyd is packing.

If you think that goes better for Floyd you're delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
                The people that think Floyd 'chose' to do what he did are kidding themselves. There is no future version of this fight where Floyd gets to stand in the middle of the ring to potshot Chino in ones. The only difference in a rematch will be:
                -Floyd will be older.
                -Chino will have a legitimate sense of grievance.
                -Chino won't even give Floyd tentative respect because he knows what Floyd is packing.

If you think that goes better for Floyd you're delusional.
                When I heard Floyd say that he chose to slug it out at the post-fight interview, I was like wtf? What was Maidana doing that entire time but pressure him and bully him into the ropes. Almost even made him fall out of the ring from the constant aggression, lol. Mayweather couldn't do a thing but fight Maidana's fight. He won in the end by out-scoring Maidana when he slowed down but it doesn't change the fact that Maidana made Mayweather fight at Maidana's pace.
                Last edited by Ruthless One; 05-04-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
                  Maidana made it so Mayweather COULDN'T box as much. That's what made Maidana very successful until he started slowing down and let Mayweather get the later rounds.

Mayweather didn't DECIDE to go toe-to-toe, he had NO CHOICE in the matter. Maidana kept pressuring him throughout the entire fight.
                  True to a certain extent, but he could have kept him off with a consistent jab. Then set up some punches.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                    Floyd didnt have a chose. Maidana would not let him box.
                    True to a certain extent, but he could have kept him off with a consistent jab. Then set up some punches.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Thought it's the worst I've ever seen Floyd. IMO.
                      Besides the first JLC fight I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X