No announcement yet.

Roger Federer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Federer

Just schooled Andy Murray today in the QF of the Australian open. It was really fun. Does anyone think he can beat Nadal in the SF and go on to win his 18th Major?

I hope so. He deserves it.

He should have finished Murray in 3 sets but got a little tight serving it out. That extra playing time may affect him. Nadal has had a fairly easy route to the semis by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I hope so. He deserves it.

He should have finished Murray in 3 sets but got a little tight serving it out. That extra playing time may affect him. Nadal has had a fairly easy route to the semis by comparison.
      Murray had no answer for those old school serve and volley tactics . Federer should have definitely closed it in three.

I always feel when players coast through to the semi's unchallenged it hurts them when they are finally in a competitive match.

I think if Federer beats Nadal and wins this title there can be no argument against his GOAT status.

PS. I hate that sulky scottish ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
        Murray had no answer for those old school serve and volley tactics . Federer should have definitely closed it in three.

I always feel when players coast through to the semi's unchallenged it hurts them when they are finally in a competitive match.

I think if Federer beats Nadal and wins this title there can be no argument against his GOAT status.

PS. I hate that sulky scottish ****.
        Well Murray has 2 slams virtually playing no one until the final.

It's an advantage especially these days with Federer's age and the way Nadal plays.

Comment

Missed the match (it started way past midnight).

Saw some of Nadal's match, his hand may be a big problem against Roger. Also, it didn't seem like Nadal has an easy match at all. That said, Nadal is going to take out Federer to the shed.

Comment

Murray was dropping sets to no-marks, the Federer result doesn't surprise me.

Federer destroyed Tsonga though, which I wasn't expecting.

If Federer gets through Nadal it will be a marathon match, so I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he'll lose in the final to Berdych/Wawrinka if he makes it. Nadal would probably beat either in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Well Murray has 2 slams virtually playing no one until the final.

It's an advantage especially these days with Federer's age and the way Nadal plays.
              You've got a point.

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              Missed the match (it started way past midnight).

Saw some of Nadal's match, his hand may be a big problem against Roger. Also, it didn't seem like Nadal has an easy match at all. That said, Nadal is going to take out Federer to the shed.
              Federer looked like a beast yesterday/today. Murray had no answer for him. The commentators resorted to blaming Murrays performance on his 'bad' back smh.

Yea Nadals hand looks nasty but he's Federer's bogyman. I've never seen Federer miss-hit so many balls when he is playing Nadal.

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Murray was dropping sets to no-marks, the Federer result doesn't surprise me.

Federer destroyed Tsonga though, which I wasn't expecting.

If Federer gets through Nadal it will be a marathon match, so I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he'll lose in the final to Berdych/Wawrinka if he makes it. Nadal would probably beat either in 3.
              Don't sleep on Wawrinka. That man is for real.

Wawrinka is currently at 5/1 to win it all. I might stick 10 on it.
              Last edited by Adamjr91; 01-22-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Taking bets on Nadal > Fed on my betting page. Willing to give generous odds.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  Taking bets on Nadal > Fed on my betting page. Willing to give generous odds.
                  No link to it? Poor form.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    No link to it? Poor form.
                    Search: about trillions, max kellerman is god.

Comment

Working...
                    X