Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible IBF heavyweight eliminator with Boytsov, Mormeck, Dimitrenko and Banks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
    Please state the name of one decent heavyweight Boytsov, Mormeck, Dimitrenko, or Banks have beat.
    Dimitrenko beat and KO'd tough as nails European fringe contender Timo Hoffman and top ranked (by the WBC) Derick Rossey, by KO as well. Boytsov's beaten Bidenko, Jay Gavern, Vinny Maddalone.....

Not a "murderer's row of top guys" but decent competition and this is the best you're gonna get for the hw division. I think these guys are all pretty evenly matched so the fights should be competitive.

Comment

Please state the name of one decent heavyweight Boytsov, Mormeck, Dimitrenko, or Banks have beat.
      That's the point of them fighting each other. To help establish the quality of each. You can't have boxing evolve where you only have the best fighting the best.
      Last edited by Scott9945; 10-10-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Oh someone please give us some decent heavyweights so we don't have to watch this junk. Guys like Banks and Mormeck in an elimination for one of the paper titles. Briggs being pulled out of retirement to be offered as a sacrificial lamb. Chisora being rushed. Hey Owen Beck hasn't lost(much) how about him?

^^^^^^
        Heavyweight contenders

Comment

Well it would be a steup for Boystov facing Banks then either Mormeck or Dimitrenko but imo he would still need a few fights after that before being ready, plus he also needs to get some more head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Actually you don't. These fights sound interesting to me and I'm sure, other heavyweights fans...

Also, Haye and Povetkin are two of the biggest duckers in the hw division so what makes you think they want to face anyone decent?
            Agreed! This tournament is great news, because the major problem of the HW division is the contenders spend more time ducking each other than fighting. The winner of this tournament would no doubt deserve a title shot. Tournaments like this are good for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              Agreed! This tournament is great news, because the major problem of the HW division is the contenders spend more time ducking each other than fighting. The winner of this tournament would no doubt deserve a title shot. Tournaments like this are good for the sport.
              Exactly. I've been hoping for an eliminator like this.

Comment

Bum. Bum. Bum. Bum. If you're not fighting Haye or Povetkin, no one cares if you're fighting.

I speak on behalf of the boxing world.
                Hello no! You are speaking for yourself only. I think these are greeat match-ups, can't wait to see more of Boytsov, he will get a belt once the Klitschkos retire. He should beat Banks easy although I think Banks is a better than average HW, he just doesn't have. Mormeck vs Dimitrenko should be good to see Dimitrenko has what it takes after the Chambers loss.

Good fights. I like the format, the top contenders (maybe not Mormeck) fighting against other top contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  There is a possibility of a four fighter IBF heavyweight eliminator coming up, with the names mentioned being Mormeck, Boytsov, Banks, and Dimitrenko.

They did this before in 2007 with Chambers, Povetkin, Brock and Byrd. I think it's a GREAT way to find a qualified mandatory challenger for Wlad, and have some interesting matchups to sort out the heavyweight division.

In the meantime, Wlad can fight Adamek in the spring of 2011.

It's just a rumor so far, but I can believe it. It seems like the logical thing for them to do since both the IBF #1 and #2 are open right now, as was the case in the summer of 2007.
                  Banks and Mormeck aren't all that deserving but at the end of the day fighters fighting is a good thing and if one of them were to win, however unlikely, they would have proved their worth. Would be happy to see them facing off.

I'd be really interested seeing Dimitrenko - Boytsov and Boytsov stepping up and looking for the title shot would be great. Would be nice to know that him and his handlers are looking to make that move.

Bum. Bum. Bum. Bum. If you're not fighting Haye or Povetkin, no one cares if you're fighting.

I speak on behalf of the boxing world.
                  Go listen to some of your jayz and smoke some more weed

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Banks and Mormeck aren't all that deserving but at the end of the day fighters fighting is a good thing and if one of them were to win, however unlikely, they would have proved their worth. Would be happy to see them facing off.

I'd be really interested seeing Dimitrenko - Boytsov and Boytsov stepping up and looking for the title shot would be great. Would be nice to know that him and his handlers are looking to make that move.
                    I been expecting that Kohl would eventually make a Dimitrenko-Boytsov fight.

Dimitrenko is Boytsov's logical final step up before facing a Klitschko.

But of course it won't matter. Unless Wlad gets old and fades during the next year, Boytsov has no chance against him.

Comment

this is excellent news.
                      I'm just happy that Boytsov is back in the ring and if he knocks out banks in the process it's just a bonus

Comment

Working...
                      X