Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather should Stay away from Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the TS....Mayweather loses easily to Canelo in Texas...and Texas only...Canelo could land 1 punch per round and Mayweather 100 and somehow he would win a UD

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      These "big shots" that Cotto was landing were jabs and a some body shots.......

If Canelo beats a Top fighter at his weight like Trout, I say bring on Mayweather-Canelo, because it'll be a legit big fight then.

If Floyd is what he was last May against Cotto when he returns, than he'll be fine. Watch his footwork, hand speed, athleticism, and overall ability in September 2009 and May 2010 against Marquez and Mosley, and than watch his footwork, hand speed, and athleticism/ability in his fight against Cotto.

The footwork was about the same, the hand speed was the same, his athleticism and ability were also about the same. Floyd still has I think 2 years left of top fighting, assuming he doesn't all of a sudden become shot or done over night. Who knows though???
      I agree. I didn't really see any "big shots". The nose-bleeding came from the crisp jabs. Emanuel Steward once said that Cotto's jabs are like straight right hands - very powerful. Makes sense since Cotto really is left-handed fighter.

Also, don't forget that Cotto requested 10oz gloves for his fight with Mayweather. Mayweather wanted 8oz. Even though Floyd 'only' came in at 150-151, I still think he'll be faster and more mobile at 147 against Robert, especially with 8oz gloves.

However, I still agree with the TS. I'm afraid that Canelo will be walking Floyd down and I don't think Floyd will win that fight with throwing only one precise punch at a time. Floyd should stick to 147 or 150 catchweight fights at maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        I agree with the TS....Mayweather loses easily to Canelo in Texas...and Texas only...Canelo could land 1 punch per round and Mayweather 100 and somehow he would win a UD
        I haven't seen last nights main event with Trout vs Canelo but you guys make it sound like Trout got robbed by the judges or something. Was the scorecards really that way off?!

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
          I haven't seen last nights main event with Trout vs Canelo but you guys make it sound like Trout got robbed by the judges or something. Was the scorecards really that way off?!
          It was like Rigo vs Donaire....Canelo landing flashy power..Trout landing boring jabs.
          And even 1 knockdown like that fight....

Comment

Canelo is going to beat Floyd throwing 400 punches, and fighting hard for 30-45 seconds a round???

Alright....

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun View Post
              One of my Concerns is Mayweather won't be able to keep Canelo off of him. He doesn't throw many combinations and isn't mobile. Sure, Mayweathers defense is good but is it good enough against a BIGGER and stronger guy?

I also question Mayweathers stamina. Mayweather was resting against the ropes too many times against Cotto. That's not going to work, Canelo is going to tare that body apart.
              I'm a Mayweather fan and I share your thoughts/concerns IF Mayweather decides to fight Canelo. Like I wrote earlier: Lopez didn't do anything wrong against Canelo besides being on the ropes a few times, he covered up well and hit Canelo flush with some good combinations. Canelo just walked and punched right through him because of size alone - and size is the only factor, but a BIG factor, when fighting Canelo. He's just much more physical and powerful than an average-sized welterweight like Floyd. Floyd isn't even a big welter. I think Canelo will punch through Floyd's defense - and if he lands 80% of his powershots on Floyd's shoulders and elbows for 8-10 rounds it's still going to show in the late championship rounds. That **** hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSun View Post
                  I've always been saying. Floyd will ''Never'' fight canelo. I'm 200% sure. Floyd will move down to 140lb
                  I don't think he can make 140 that easy without "damaging" his physique. He should stay at 147. If he wants to go below he should do catch-weights. After Robert he should fight Bradley at 147 if it can be made. It would be a good scrap - Devon Alexander, not so much. A rematch with Marquez could also be great since Marquez would be forced to take more risky chances.

Comment

The only way Canelo beats Floyd is because he walks into the ring as f**king Light Heavyweight.

Comment

These threads are always great to come back to

Comment

Working...
                      X