Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versatile2K7 Whats your workout/training routine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versatile2K7 Whats your workout/training routine?

Hey Vers. i wanted to get some of the more serious boxers on the forums training routines can you detail yours thanks

5a.m run 3 miles(up hill and down hill miles)(small fruit for breakfast)
    (working at 7a.m)
    4:30(depending on time i get outta work)-7:00 boxing gym
    7:30-8:30-eat small dinner(500calorie)
    9:30-10:30- 200situps and rounds of shadowboxing(various other exercises)
    11:00-in bed

nice and simple.

and at the gym I do 3 rounds of shadowboxing,4 rounds on the 100lb bag for power punches,4rounds on the small 50pound bag for speed and low defense as in going under the bag.work the double in bag for like 2 rounds. then go back to the 100lb bag for like 3 or 4 more rounds and jump rope sometimes.thats it. nothing to special.

Comment

Thanks do you do any push ups weights or stuff like that?

Comment

12 am wake up
        12 30 might eat something

12 45-1 20 espn (cold pizza, sprotscenter re-run)

1 30-1 50 on da bus goin to work

1 55-10 00 working packing boxes

10 03- 10 15 getting a ride home

10 30- 11 50 running from house to local high shcool jogging around track 8 times~ 1mile (about 10 minutes)-(home to school is like 2 mile jog)

12 10-12 30 shadow box

12 35- 1 00am weight lifiting, bench 160-10times 185-6 times 210-3 times 225 twice 1 time

sat-sun sparring!

this was the schedule for a while i was 173 got up to 225 at one point started this workout (5 months) with HYDROXY CUT got down to 183 stopped, at 191 now bout to start up hopefully get down to 160 stay there and fight for as long as possible

Comment

Originally posted by sammikjo View Post
          Thanks do you do any push ups weights or stuff like that?
          naw no push ups or weights.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            5a.m run 3 miles(up hill and down hill miles)(small fruit for breakfast)
            (working at 7a.m)
            4:30(depending on time i get outta work)-7:00 boxing gym
            7:30-8:30-eat small dinner(500calorie)
            9:30-10:30- 200situps and rounds of shadowboxing(various other exercises)
            11:00-in bed

nice and simple.

and at the gym I do 3 rounds of shadowboxing,4 rounds on the 100lb bag for power punches,4rounds on the small 50pound bag for speed and low defense as in going under the bag.work the double in bag for like 2 rounds. then go back to the 100lb bag for like 3 or 4 more rounds and jump rope sometimes.thats it. nothing to special.
            Damn!! Youre obviously not older than 30 yet. Enjoy your youth while you have it fellas

Comment

**** getting up at 5am for a run lol, i usually run at night.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatestIAM View Post
                12 am wake up
                12 30 might eat something

12 45-1 20 espn (cold pizza, sprotscenter re-run)

1 30-1 50 on da bus goin to work

1 55-10 00 working packing boxes

10 03- 10 15 getting a ride home

10 30- 11 50 running from house to local high shcool jogging around track 8 times~ 1mile (about 10 minutes)-(home to school is like 2 mile jog)

12 10-12 30 shadow box

12 35- 1 00am weight lifiting, bench 160-10times 185-6 times 210-3 times 225 twice 1 time

sat-sun sparring!

this was the schedule for a while i was 173 got up to 225 at one point started this workout (5 months) with HYDROXY CUT got down to 183 stopped, at 191 now bout to start up hopefully get down to 160 stay there and fight for as long as possible
                if your fit and in good shape at 191 getting to 160 is going to be hell

Comment

Eventhough you only asked Vers, Im gonna throw mine on there as a bonus.

I dont have set times for anything so no times but when I go to the boxing gym I...

Jumprope 3 rounds
                  Speed Bag 3 rounds
                  ShadowBox and moving in the ring 3 rounds
                  Double end bag 3 rounds
                  heavybag 3 rounds
                  uppercut bag 3 rounds
                  then I go off and do about 5 more rounds on different things like heavybag and speed bag.

Also

I go to a 24 Hour fitness alot and do cardio like the treadmill or elliptical machine. Lift heavy on the weights even though I shouldnt for boxing. Im starting to do some swimming there too.

I run the track at a local high school

I do the "sledge hammer" workout.

Normally I go to the boxing gym 3-4 times a week and do one of the other things 1-2 times a week. Sometimes I do all in ONE DAY. Im probably the most inshape and healthy 260 pounder you will find.

Comment

Working...
                  X