No announcement yet.

Boxers Stories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers Stories

Boxers are obviously some of the most interesting people in the world outside the ring so this thread is for people to put up their best boxer stories.

Jack Demsy once drank a whole case of whiskey so that he could cure himself of neumonia. And he came from a mormon family!

Comment

Mike Tyson used to ask little old ladies if he could help them carry their bags from a grocery store to their cars. When they got to the car he would KO the grandma and take her purse and her groceries.

Comment

This is the best. Ike Ibeaubuchi was getting ready for a fight and the owner of the building came in to his dressing room and wished him good luck, Mr. Ibeabuchi. He didn't call Ike, The President and so Ike refused to fight. After about a half hour Ike's trainers convinced him to go out and fight, but only because it was "The Presidential" thing to do.

Comment

Mike Tyson once said, he would **** somoene until they loved 'em..
          Could you imagine that?

Comment

ye

and i heard a story dat 10 ppl wanted to rape tyson in jail and tyson knock all them out, any1 heard dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z View Post
              and i heard a story dat 10 ppl wanted to rape tyson in jail and tyson knock all them out, any1 heard dat?
              SAM LANGFORD,.........When asked why Sam was waving at his opponent before a round started,.... Sam replied to his cornerman,.... "Well, I was just saying goodbye to him !!!", a few short moments later,.... LANGFORD knocked the guy out cold.... TRUE STORY !!!,,. one of the great Boxing LOL's.///////......... LOL,..lol.

Comment

Barney Ross received a silver star after carrying a wounded team mate on his back and single handedly defending himself and the wounded man from a squad of enemies in the war.

He then got addicted to morphine came off it and does talks at university about the dangers of drugs.

Very inspirational man.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  Barney Ross received a silver star after carrying a wounded team mate on his back and single handedly defending himself and the wounded man from a squad of enemies in the war.

He then got addicted to morphine came off it and does talks at university about the dangers of drugs.

Very inspirational man.
                  I know he wasn't known for his Boxing, but he was a warrior,... Former Test Cricket Great & Superstar (even the KING loved him) And WW2 BOMBER Pilot,...KEITH MILLER, was once told by a reporter that he was indeed brave for facing some of the fastest and most dangerous bowling in history (Wes Hall ???),...... Miller dismissed the idea,... Keith replied,.. "BRAVE ??????,.... Mate I'm not Brave, Brave is HAVING A MESSERSCHMIDT Up Your RRRSE". .....It Seems that Keith Miller had a different perspective............ AND, I haven't heard a better quote from anybody, EVER !! ..a Classic, from a classic man.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    I know he wasn't known for his Boxing, but he was a warrior,.

Ross was known as an exceptional boxer who fought a very smart fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X