No announcement yet.

Download illegally & lose the internet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download illegally & lose the internet

'Six Strike' System, Slowing Or Suspending Internet For Illegal Downloads, Takes Effect Monday.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2759408.html

A controversial strategy to combat Internet piracy took effect Monday, meaning subscribers who illegally share movies or songs could be punished by losing Web access or having their broadband speeds slowed to a crawl.

When that happens i'll start using a VPN

Comment

All for publicity, i doubt ISP's are going to start banning their customers for DLing material which makes them nothing.

Comment

Already in place here.

They don't do it. The ISPs don't want to lose customers, and the numbers are impossible to police. So after a few token cases they just stopped even trying to enforce it.

Comment

If people renamed songs and movies would they still know?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson8 View Post
            If people renamed songs and movies would they still know?
            I admit this made me scratch my head for a second.

But more importantly, how would you know what you're getting?

Comment

Service providers would just be shooting themselves in the foot...people will simply change internet providers.

Comment

Bullcrap.

The last thing ISPs want is to lose customers. There is no way they'll be monitoring who downloads illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  I admit this made me scratch my head for a second.

But more importantly, how would you know what you're getting?
                  It's been done before. A friend of mine was a fan of WWF/WWE and he knew how to search for videos because they were tagged with "cheese souffle". If this was was ever enforced, someone would probably start doing the same thing with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                    It's been done before. A friend of mine was a fan of WWF/WWE and he knew how to search for videos because they were tagged with "cheese souffle". If this was was ever enforced, someone would probably start doing the same thing with boxing.
                    Interesting.

If it became that much of a problem though, I'm sure the ISP would be able to catch onto it.

Comment

Working...
                    X