Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire fights and beat Rigondeaux, is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    In my opinion, the P Will win was significantly better than both the Vic and Montiel win in terms of significance.

I'm also baffled by the "Pavlik was exposed". He fought Bernard Hopkins. He just lost to a great fighter. Martinez was much smaller than Pavlik. Martinez wasn't supposed to beat Pavlik or P Will. Did you really think Donaire could lose to Montiel? I didn't... It was a great win, but he was the favorite imo.
    By that logic Lopez beating Ortiz is better than any FMJ ever.

But Pavlik wasn't just beat, he was demoralized. He was coming out of rehab before fighting Sergio, and he's looked like total ***** since.

And what makes PWill better than both together? All 3 guys were p4p ranked. Unlike Vic, PWill was not undefeated, but wasn't even accomplished at middle.

But again, you have to go back 2 years to justify Sergio's p4p placement. His 4 bout streak since has not been up to p4p standards, unlike Donaire's.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Why would I take your word for it when you said Dzin wasn't ranked by the RING at 154 when he actually was? Why take the word of a hater trying to discredit Martinez's run just to hype up Donaire's?

Every single one of Martinez's wins were in good fashion. Unlike Donaire who didn't do **** vs Narvaez and almost lost to Mathebula.
      Do you know for a fact he was ranked at 154? What was he, 10? He was removed, hard to see him reinserted for beating that one bum.

Donaire won 12-0 vs Narvaez, when others do it it's called a lesson. Hell for you Rigo Cordoba was probably a lesson. Both Barker and Macklin were competitive till late stoppages. JCC wasn't, but dropped Sergio very hard. Ever seen Donaire that rocked?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post

But Pavlik wasn't just beat, he was demoralized. He was coming out of rehab before fighting Sergio, and he's looked like total ***** since.

And what makes PWill better than both together? All 3 guys were p4p ranked. Unlike Vic, PWill was not undefeated, but wasn't even accomplished at middle.

But again, you have to go back 2 years to justify Sergio's p4p placement. His 4 bout streak since has not been up to p4p standards, unlike Donaire's.
        1) Then we should discredit Donaire for his Nishioka win.
        2) And Donaire's run has been a P4P run? Vazquez and Mathebula? Narvaez? Hell I would've taken Agbeko at 118 over Naravaez who's a fkin 115 lber.

Comment

What has Rigondeaux done as a pro? Basically nothing. What is that guy waiting for? He's 45 and only had 12 fights as a pro. Get on the train, ni&&a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted yes.

Comment

Do you know for a fact he was ranked at 154? What was he, 10? He was removed, hard to see him reinserted for beating that one bum.

Donaire won 12-0 vs Narvaez, when others do it it's called a lesson. Hell for you Rigo Cordoba was probably a lesson. Both Barker and Macklin were competitive till late stoppages. JCC wasn't, but dropped Sergio very hard. Ever seen Donaire that rocked?
            He was removed cause he's not fighting at 154 anymore.

You're riding the Donaire d*ck pretty hard, let me tell you. Ever seen Donaire fight someone who outweighs him by 20-30 lbs? Hell even 10? Didn't think so. Whether you like it or not, Martinez adjusted and knocked his guys out. Something Donaire couldn't do. He didn't even know how to jab vs Mathebula...

Comment

1) Then we should discredit Donaire for his Nishioka win.
              2) And Donaire's run has been a P4P run? Vazquez and Mathebula? Narvaez? Hell I would've taken Agbeko at 118 over Naravaez who's a fkin 115 lber.
              1. I'm not saying Nishioka was better than Pavlik, though sure was easier, in Donaire's 4th weight class. Both made the winners legit champs, but aren't great wins. But what makes you say he was demoralized, other than by Donaire?
              2. Vazquez Mathebula > Barker Macklin, while Donaire's moving up to his 4th. Narvaez wasn't first choice, Moreno declined. But one year earlier Donaire was at 115, eager to fight champs Narvaez and Vic, neither would put up their belt. This way Narvaez gets to move down and defend his belt. Without it his lifeline is cut, he gets to retire or fight in europe

Comment

He was removed cause he's not fighting at 154 anymore.

You're riding the Donaire d*ck pretty hard, let me tell you. Ever seen Donaire fight someone who outweighs him by 20-30 lbs? Hell even 10? Didn't think so. Whether you like it or not, Martinez adjusted and knocked his guys out. Something Donaire couldn't do. He didn't even know how to jab vs Mathebula...
                He was removed way back at 154, for being inactive. Then a year before Sergio, he fought a real aussie bum on shobox, similar to Trout that one time. I just checked, and they did put him back in after that, he was ranked 9 at 154. My bad, Sergio murdered the #9 inactive SWW.

Comment

Dzin and Barker were undefeated. GOAT.

Seriously though you're coming off a little trollish (no offense) and riding reeeeaaalllly hard (no offense again). Doesn't seem there's use debating here in this thread anymore. I already see where this is going. Better get out while I can.

Comment

1. I'm not saying Nishioka was better than Pavlik, though sure was easier, in Donaire's 4th weight class. Both made the winners legit champs, but aren't great wins. But what makes you say he was demoralized, other than by Donaire?
                    2. Vazquez Mathebula > Barker Macklin, while Donaire's moving up to his 4th. Narvaez wasn't first choice, Moreno declined. But one year earlier Donaire was at 115, eager to fight champs Narvaez and Vic, neither would put up their belt. This way Narvaez gets to move down and defend his belt. Without it his lifeline is cut, he gets to retire or fight in europe
                    I know it's gonna sound like I'm hating...but why is it so impressive that he's a 4-division champion? Not only him, but any multi-division titlist in the lower weight divisions. 112/115/118/122/126, they're only 3-4lbs apart, why is it considered so remarkable? Donaire has been able to make those weights, but he usually has the size advantage. When you add his talent into the equation, it makes him very difficult to beat.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 10-19-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      I know it's gonna sound like I'm hating...but why is it so impressive that he's a 4-division champion? Not only him, but any multi-division titlist in the lower weight divisions. 112/115/118/122/126, they're only 3-4lbs apart, why is it considered so remarkable? Donaire has been able to make those weights, but he's usually has the size advantage. When you add his talent into the equation, it makes him very difficult to beat.
                      It's impressive since it's still pretty rare, esp holding legit titles like Donaire. You see how both Vic and Montiel ran into the wall at 118. No Mex 4 div titlist till recent etc. Guys that depend on size lower usually exposed at their weight etc.

For a guy with a huge weight advantage, there sure aren't any figures to support it. Even if he's draining that hard, its amazing it still hasnt caught up with him once, no issues with stamina, chin, great speed and reflex.

Comment

Working...
                      X