Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Sees No Network Issues in Making Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
    Man you guys throw road blocks after road blocks to see fights happen, charlo's fight in same division and out of same division as Lara, he is willing to move up and be best name on GGG resume, he the one actually saying out his mouth he want fight see no issues in getting fight made and some of y'all still not satisfied and wonder why boxing doing bad
    They see the package that Lara presents (long, southpaw, can box coming/going, decent pop in that left hand, awkward style, etc), look at what Golovkin has/hasn't shown so far as a pro, and have seem to come to the understanding that Lara likely makes Golovkin look like driveling ****s so they've continued to try and smokescreen the fight.

Alvarez is supposedly a much larger man than Golovkin actually is ("hiding behind draining to 155", to hear them tell it) and Lara fought him to even terms (some saying he edged the fight).

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      I actually think Lara is doing a much better job this time around of expressing interest. He is talking DIRECTLY to reporters, not giving vague answers about maybe staying at 154, etc, and is not relying on his dip**** manager to send tweets out 15 minutes after GGG signs for another fight. He's putting it in the media, crystal clear, with no ambiguity. Sure, he should talk to Haymon (if he hasnt already), but he's been clear enough that Loeffler could certainly pick up the phone and call Al to ask "whats the $$ number needed to make this work?"
      This. What I've been saying for a while. It appears Lara is serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Two; his one in Cuba (that he hasn't seen since making the leap) and his family in Houston, TX. I doubt that anything of it should be made of the statement, but that type of joke, to me, is in pretty bad taste in regards to Lara (and the rest of the defectors who have tried to salvage lives their lives beyond Cuba).
        so it is good taste to abandon one family and start another?? ok I get it now

Comment

As soon as ggg kos lara the hate will still be there and more hilarious. "At least lara moved up to fight the best guy in the division. Cant say the same about lil g wanting to fight ward".

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            He is a fawking chinny JMW ffs
            Why should this fight be interesting?
            Why isn't it interesting? That should be the question. He would be the most skilled fighter on GGG's resume. You may find him boring, but should that be the reason people don't get fights? Maybe i just appreciate skill, perhaps that's my problem

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              sure, but we're talking about the American Dream. surely it's a different hierarchy than the general "fighters."
              Lara made $750k for the Martirosyan rematch (a fight where he was the main event); if K2 comes with the money, Lara heads over, no problem.

Golovkin-Lara, if Golovkin-Lemieux was deemed PPV worthy by HBO, is also a PPV if HBO wants it. Price for Lara likely starts at $1m, and the negotiations happen.

Stage the fight in Texas (doubt that Golovkin, on his own, is big enough for Jerryland, but everyone wants to act like Golovkin is this boxing star, and Lara has been based in Houston, so why not)

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Lara made $750k for the Martirosyan rematch (a fight where he was the main event); if K2 comes with the money, Lara heads over, no problem.

Golovkin-Lara, if Golovkin-Lemieux was deemed PPV worthy by HBO, is also a PPV if HBO wants it. Price for Lapra likely starts at $1m, and the negotiations happen.

Stage the fight in Texas (doubt that Golovkin, on his own, is big enough for Jerryland, but everyone wants to act like Golovkin is this boxing star, and Lara has been based in Houston, so why not)
                So this is what it looks like when someone goes full ****** haha. First off ggg-lara ppv? Lara is not an attractive fight for it to be ppv, not even a unification and he cant even speak english. So ggg needs lara to sellout cowboys stadium? Has lara ever had a packed house anywhere. If your gonna hate at least speak with some sense

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Why isn't it interesting? That should be the question. He would be the most skilled fighter on GGG's resume. You may find him boring, but should that be the reason people don't get fights? Maybe i just appreciate skill, perhaps that's my problem
                  What's the reason GGG hasn't gotten a fight with mayweather or Cotto or Can'tNelo or Jacobs? Those are by far more interesting fights. Why is this fight interesting? What does Lara bring to the table? The fact that he will throw s jab and a straight then take 5 fawking steps back repeat all night?

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                    Man you guys throw road blocks after road blocks to see fights happen, charlo's fight in same division and out of same division as Lara, he is willing to move up and be best name on GGG resume, he the one actually saying out his mouth he want fight see no issues in getting fight made and some of y'all still not satisfied and wonder why boxing doing bad
                    "Us guys" don't make the fights.
                    Lara doesn't make the fights either.
                    Wonder why there's no interviews asking Luis DeCubas Jr is he contacted K2

Comment

I say make the fight.....

Lara I think rehydrated to 162 lbs in his last fight after weigh in. I'm guessing hill fight GGG at say 168 lbs w/ GGG weighing 175 lbs on fight night. I'm good with this fight although I have to favor GGG. At least Lara willing to go up in weight and fight the best. Everyone can't say they're willing to do that. Khan did, Lara willing and Ward is.

Comment

Working...
                      X