Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evander (Real Deal) Holyfield unifies at 50.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Holyfield outside the top 10 right now. Insie the top 15, though.

If he were to beat both Klitschko's and David Haye at his age he would be ranked pretty damn high.

He's still never going to be ranked above Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali, though.

But I would definitely move him to a Top 5 position.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      people on here refuse to realize anything can happen in boxing..2 grown men enter the ring with 2 hands..
      This thread isn't getting responses because everyone thinks it's a ludicrous idea. They don't know how close it will be to happening when there ARE completely no opponents left for them but fighting each other. The temptation to have the Klitschko name put him out of his misery will be too much to pass up & yes this is the ONLY match available that will get American fannies to the seats & that means The Klitschko's would get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

If he were to beat both Klitschko's and David Haye at his age he would be ranked pretty damn high.

Ok...so at best number 3. I personally think that he'd have done more than enough.. faced similar great fighters like Ali. The resume plus he's the best cruiserweight of alltime... ReMember when he slayed Tyson..people were quickly talking legend & had him temporarily at the top 5. This achievement whacking both Klitschko's in a row at age 50 & becoming undisputed.. 4 belts to boot after nobody believed & thought he was the laughingstock of boxing in the past decade would be the GREAtest ACHievement in heavyweight boxing history bar none.
        Last edited by jimmy1569; 04-02-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
          Ok...so at best number 3. I personally think that he'd have done more than enough.. faced similar great fighters like Ali. The resume plus he's the best cruiserweight of alltime... ReMember when he slayed Tyson..people were quickly talking legend & had him temporarily at the top 5. This achievement whacking both Klitschko's in a row at age 50 & becoming undisputed.. 4 belts to boot after nobody believed & thought he was the laughingstock of boxing in the past decade would be the GREAtest ACHievement in heavyweight boxing history bar none.
          He's the greatest Crusierweight of all time IMO, and I find that hard to dispute.

But remember that doesn't add to his Heavyweight resume.

I also jumpe on the hype all those years ago after he beat Tyson the first time and moved Holyfield to about #6 on my HW list but ALOT had him in the Top 5. Then after the years went by almost everyone have taken time to analyse everything and see Holyfield isn't a Top 5 HW great. His resume just isn't strong enough for that at HW.

Beating the Klitschkos and Haye would rocket his greatness, it really would. But even adding those 3 to his ATG HW resume still wouldn't compare to Ali and Louis' resume, IMO.

Comment

if he beats both klits and haye i dont see why not

Comment

if he beats both klits and haye i dont see why not
              He would' have done more than enough... taking out The Klitschkos at the peak of there dominance...faced practically every prominent heavyweight of his time... the championships would be there... to me it's a Knowbrainer... you can't top it even if you're Ali or Louis.

Comment

He's the greatest Crusierweight of all time IMO, and I find that hard to dispute.

But remember that doesn't add to his Heavyweight resume.

I also jumpe on the hype all those years ago after he beat Tyson the first time and moved Holyfield to about #6 on my HW list but ALOT had him in the Top 5. Then after the years went by almost everyone have taken time to analyse everything and see Holyfield isn't a Top 5 HW great. His resume just isn't strong enough for that at HW.

Beating the Klitschkos and Haye would rocket his greatness, it really would. But even adding those 3 to his ATG HW resume still wouldn't compare to Ali and Louis' resume, IMO.
                i AGREE.. that the cruiserweight is separate but it is a part of him & his story as a fighter & the guy would've faced every name there is..may not have won all of them... but the little engine that could applies here & so does the Rocky THeme... with Haye who's nearly 20 yrs younger than him.. that's just icing on the cake..sorry But I don't agree..ALTHOUGH DO UNDERstand your vantage point.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                  He would' have done more than enough... taking out The Klitschkos at the peak of there dominance...faced practically every prominent heavyweight of his time... the championships would be there... to me it's a Knowbrainer... you can't top it even if you're Ali or Louis.
                  yea hed have

vitali
                  wlad
                  haye
                  bowe
                  tyson
                  rahman
                  foreman
                  moore

thats a hell of a list

Comment

steroids are a hell of a drug

Comment

people on here refuse to realize anything can happen in boxing..2 grown men enter the ring with 2 hands..
                      Evander ain't beating either of the K Bros; you know it, I know it and deep down inside, Evander know's it..

Comment

Working...
                      X