Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klitschko2011 View Post
    LOL at the butthurt crybaby Klitschko haters and Haye nuthuggers

Best post of this thread:
    Not disagreeing with ya, but did you just quote yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      if anything being held up on the ropes would make you more likely to be knocked out, since you cant go down and get your 10+ second break and will continue to get hit.

stop with this revisionist crap. just like Kirk Johnson-Ruiz, which you never responded to because you didnt expect that anyone had actually seen it.
      You are talking pure nonsense, I'd say overgrilled steak. Anyone with a little, brain(s) can find the info, and videos. I happen to have seen the fights at time of happening, and also have the videos. And a fighter with good timing and movement, can get off the ropes any time he wants to and in my opinion, they often sacrifice mobility for a little rest, and the comforting feeling of having the ropes to lean against, which sometimes turns out disastrously. The reason I KNOW, is that I've sometimes done it myself, luckily always with good results.

Lewis staggered back, badly stunned, and was HELD UP by the ropes, without which, he would have fallen down. LOOK at the evidence. The real danger is getting caught in a corner by a pressure fighter, and even then, he can be "TURNED" as any novice should know, if it'handled correctly. It just takes TIMING. This was happening quite a bit in Mayweather-Castillo 1.

And I have had enough experience as both a fighter to know what I'm talking about, and having been in boxing, my whole life, and from a boxing family, at least as much as you, unless you have had some special experiences and magical gifts which enable you to see what isn't actually there, and never was, as well as imagining that something which IS there, ...isn't. Like this Lewis difference of opinion we have.

If you have especially big ears you'll also be able to hear things before they're said.....

Just be careful you're not caught oudoors when the wind is blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
        And Joe Calzaghe beat Roy Jones and James Toney lost to Roy Jones and James Toney beat the hell out of Holyfield and Holyfield beat the hell out of tyson and Tyson beat Holmes and Holmes beat Ali. Joe Calzaghe would clearly beat the hell out of Ali. GTFOH with these stupid ass triangle theories.

Also George won a belt, he wasnt champ...he shouldnt even had a shot. Want to talk about a weak as **** era. 1993. 84 year old George Foreman coming off a loss, hadnt won a fight in 2 years got a title shot....GOT A TITLE SHOT. Why? because 2 years earlier he beat Pierre Coetzer? What a joke, he won on a bolo...he couldnt beat Tommy Morrison, what a joke. He was getting beat, hit a guy with a bolo and won, happens sometimes in HW boxing, doesnt mean ****.
        berrer and more pointed than i could have said it myself. Very good Post.

Comment

There are no triange theories. Foreman DID become the best heavyweight in the world 20 years after his prime. Moorer was the best HW in the world after beating Holyfield. and that was a Holyfield that had just beaten Bowe and would immediately go on to beat up Ray Mercer as well, worse than Lewis did. And surely you at least respect Lewis, right?

and if 1993 was a weak era, what does that make this? Holyfield deserved to beat beat a top 5 heavyweight in Valuev, and beat him more convincingly than David Haye did...and Haye is considered by most as the 3rd best HW in the world(or he was prior to this last loss). I mean geez.

Hell, what about Foreman beating Briggs at 48? Briggs is somehow going the distance with Vitali years and years after HIS prime. not to mention he beat Liakhovich with terrible asthma and stamina.

You people keep saying the 70s were weak, but in reality 2 fighters from the 70s had success 2 decades later, in their 40s. That is not the sign of a weak era.
          Strange, I always understood that Briggs had beaten Foreman. Just shows how wrong a person can be. And there was NO championship title involved.

As I remember it, Foreman was stripped about a month after he beat Moorer.....Of course again, I could be wrong, it may have been 2-3 months. I know it wasn't long after. I'm not going to bother searching for the confirmation. You do it, I'm sure you are capable of that...... maybe?.

Comment

All the past "greats" are just jealous of what the Klitschkos have accomplished and are STILL accomplishing, while they are sitting there drooling on themselves (Ali) or selling ****ty @ss tupperware on late night TV begging for appearance spots and chump change from the Klitschkos (Foreman), the Klitschko brothers are beating every record in boxing history:

-highest KO% of any HW champ in history

-longest time between retiring and coming and winning a title

-first two brothers to ever hold titles in the HW division at the same time

-Wlad is #3 in total defenses of his title, and he is still fighting

-Vitaly, at his current rate, will be the oldest HW champ in history, beating Foreman's sorry @ss

Wlad, right now, if he were retired would be top 5 ATG HW in terms of accomplishment. Vitaly top 10 ATG. H2H, Vitaly is #1 in history against any boxer, Wlad #2. Live with that haters.

Comment

if anything being held up on the ropes would make you more likely to be knocked out, since you cant go down and get your 10+ second break and will continue to get hit.

stop with this revisionist crap. just like Kirk Johnson-Ruiz, which you never responded to because you didnt expect that anyone had actually seen it.
              As I said before somewhere, it's really astonishing how you can read my mind, years after the event, and perhaps thousands of miles away from where I am.... Amazing. Just out of curiosity..do you have large wing-like ears?? if so, perhaps you are hearing my thoughts, even unspoken........

But, kidding aside, (and sorry for that) please look again at the Ruiz-Johnson fight, you'll see how Ruiz was clearly losing, and how he kept hoping that his acting-worthy of Hopkins i might add- would give him a victory he certainly wasn't winning. It was a pure fraud, and I defy any objective person with fight experience to say differently.

The accents are on "objective" and "fight experience". "No acting experience neccessary".

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                Strange, I always understood that Briggs had beaten Foreman. Just shows how wrong a person can be. And there was NO championship title involved.

As I remember it, Foreman was stripped about a month after he beat Moorer.....Of course again, I could be wrong, it may have been 2-3 months. I know it wasn't long after. I'm not going to bother searching for the confirmation. You do it, I'm sure you are capable of that...... maybe?.
                Do you even watch these fights? Briggs-Foreman was one of the worst HW robberies of the 90s. Its clear as day.

and I dont care if Foreman was stripped later. He beat Moorer. Moorer was the best heavyweight in the world. THAT was the significant part. not any paper titles.

Comment

George Foreman = 83.9% Ko Ratio
                  Wladimir Klitschko = 83.1% Ko Ratio

Big George can yap all he wants about Wlad being defensive... the numbers prove he's just as "offensive" as George while winning many more percentage of the rounds he's fought. That means he's the better & more skillful boxer. They are third & fourth respectively on the alltime Ko percentage list behind Rocky Marciano & the great Vitali Klitschko who owns the highest percentage of alltime AT 88.6%.. iF i was Big George.. i'd STFU... MORE likely he gets schooled in a scoreboard shutout vs Wlad than him landing a lucky punch.... ThE eND!

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    As I said before somewhere, it's really astonishing how you can read my mind, years after the event, and perhaps thousands of miles away from where I am.... Amazing. Just out of curiosity..do you have large wing-like ears?? if so, perhaps you are hearing my thoughts, even unspoken........

But, kidding aside, (and sorry for that) please look again at the Ruiz-Johnson fight, you'll see how Ruiz was clearly losing, and how he kept hoping that his acting-worthy of Hopkins i might add- would give him a victory he certainly wasn't winning. It was a pure fraud, and I defy any objective person with fight experience to say differently.

The accents are on "objective" and "fight experience". "No acting experience neccessary".
                    How was Ruiz losing when he had just legitimately dropped and hurt Kirk Johnson the previous round with a straight right hand?

and this wasnt a fluke one time nut shot. In fact, in that situation the fighter is given 5 minutes to recover, and if he doesnt he loses by tko. Johnson landed a very large amount of low blows throughout the fight, so many that Ruiz flipped the **** out and tried headbutting Johnson. Johnson got DQed for excessive low blows, not because Ruiz conned his way out of it. Johnson had already been deducted points and everything.

did you even watch the fight? or are you just using a selective memory to ignore the multiple low blows and the knockdown?

Comment

Too bad Foreman never learned to throw anything but wide punches -- he's the black Arthur Abraham. Ali smoked him down the middle and exposed his sidearm punching technique. A Klitschko would do the same and shatter Foreman's skull.

Comment

Working...
                      X