Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. or James "Lights Out" Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Best wins:
    Hopkins
    Toney
    Ruiz
    Tarver
    R.Johnson
    4 division champion

Scoring criteria:
    Consistency:Jones
    Best wins:Toney
    Accomplishments:Jones
    Reaction to adversity:Toney
    hmmm.....what about undefeated griffin? The guy who beat toney twice? Jones was the first man to beat griffin WITH A FASHION WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      This is about what it comes down to. It's close but overall Jones has it simply because of Toney's laziness really.
      True, Toney has thrown away a lot of years, 1997-2002, I cant believe he was dumb enough to be roided against Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by T.McGrady View Post
        hmmm.....what about undefeated griffin? The guy who beat toney twice? Jones was the first man to beat griffin WITH A FASHION WAY!
        Toney should be 1-1 with Griffin, he was robbed in the second fight
        Jones is also 1-1 with Griffin

Personally I don't think much of Griffin, maybe he would of achieved more if Futch stayed with him, but Futch walked after Jones I
        Last edited by General Zod; 05-08-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Jones by a very good margin.

Comment

Toney should be 1-1 with Griffin, he was robbed in the second fight
            Jones is also 1-1 with Griffin

Personally I don't think much of Griffin, maybe he could of achieved more if Futch stayed with him, but Futch walked after Jones I
            Here we go again! roy lost by DQ, and got his revenge by 1st round KO. Toney lost 2 times by UD. That's a fact.

Toney is one of my favourite fighters ever, but come on..Jones beat him when he was P4P the best in the world.

Comment

Here we go again! roy lost by DQ, and got his revenge by 1st round KO. Toney lost 2 times by UD. That's a fact.
              He deserved to be dqed for what he did, whether or not he got his revenge doesn't change it
              Toney was clearly robbed in the second fight, it doesn't matter anyway Griffin was a class B fighter anyway
              Toney is one of my favourite fighters ever, but come on..Jones beat him when he was P4P the best in the world.
              We are talking about their overall careers work, just because you lose to someone doesn't mean their resume becomes better than yours.
              But I agree with Bennyst, Toney has hurt his case based on his inconsistency

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Jones by a very good margin.
                I go with Jones overall body of work, due to Toney throwing away a lot of his years, but I would class Toney's best wins as better than Jones's best wins.

Comment

He deserved to be dqed for what he did, whether or not he got his revenge doesn't change it
                  Toney was clearly robbed in the second fight, it doesn't matter anyway Griffin was a class B fighter anyway

We are talking about their overall careers work, just because you lose to someone doesn't mean their resume becomes better than yours.
                  But I agree with Bennyst, Toney has hurt his case based on his inconsistency
                  Roy's career is better. Former HW,LH(Undisputed),SMW,MD chmapion of the world, 90's FOTY, Never lost in his prime(except the 1st griffin bout).

He Beat:
                  Hopkins
                  Toney
                  Tarver
                  Ruiz
                  R.Johnson
                  McCallum
                  Virgil Hill

But i have to say Toney fought the better competion.

Comment

Roy's career is better. Former HW,LH(Undisputed),SMW,MD chmapion of the world, 90's FOTY, Never lost in his prime(except the 1st griffin bout).

He Beat:
                    Hopkins
                    Toney
                    Tarver
                    Ruiz
                    R.Johnson
                    McCallum
                    Virgil Hill

But i have to say Toney fought the better competion.
                    I agree, which is what BennyST said as well

you class beating that version of McCallum as a great win?
                    Last edited by General Zod; 05-08-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Roy by mile.

Comment

Working...
                      X