Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hbo is cold hearted for this one. U mean to tell me they can't give him a undercard slot on one of this shows at least. Not all boxers are rios,Alvarado or ruslan. The man has some serious skills show him alittle respect. And what's with arum throwing rigo under the bus every chance he gets. If I'm rigo I dip on there a$$es first chance I get

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Excellent. Couldn't agree more. Oscar threw his win away versus "Tito" by running. Rigo boxed, and busted Nonito's face to the point were Donaire was literally running for his life by the end. Some people just don't know what they're talking about.
      Exactly, if it's not a toe to toe, no defense slugfest to the point where both fighters are busted up, then it's called "running".

Comment

• Arum is all wet on this one. He started off right after the fight whining about Rigo. The man systematically destroyed their 'new star', and now HBO and Arum are p.o.'d? What a joke.

Comment

Why did he need to take chances?
          maybe cause he might've wanted to be on HBO again and keep gettting them paydays

Is that what you would've suggested if you were in Rigo's corner?
          of course!!! you got that guy scared to death... go in for the kill, but remain defensively responsible... don't ignore your defense, cause Donaire still has power

Guillermo merely laid back more and forced Donaire to come forward and press if he wanted to engage. Nonito didn't exactly do that.
          Donaire ain't coming forward cause he's scared to death of getting countered... why not use that to initiate some offense? That's the difference between a guy that HBO wants to see again and a guy that HBO doesn't want to see again.

How did that scenario in the twelfth come to pass?
          Donaire was defensively irresponsible and got caught...

It wasn't because "El Chacal" was running and avoiding contact....
          it was cause rigondo was potshotting... but that don't make HBO them bands

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          I didn't think he was boring in the Donaire fight though. Towards the end, he really started picking Donaire apart. It was pretty entertaining and impressive to watch. He dismantled a guy most considered top 10 p4p.
          it was impressive, but not entertaining

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Excellent. Couldn't agree more. Oscar threw his win away versus "Tito" by running. Rigo boxed, and busted Nonito's face to the point were Donaire was literally running for his life by the end.
          and yet Donaire is the guy HBO wants to fight on their airwaves again and Rigondo isn't... So I dunno why people keep complaining about HBO, cause HBO isn't in the Rigondo game.... HBO is in the money chase, and Rigondo ain't bringing in the money

Some people just don't know what they're talking about.
          clearly... cause they keep on getting mad at HBO when Rigondo can take some clear steps to be more entertaining

Comment

• Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
            no, they hate on rigondo cause he ain't making them profits

HBO is trying to make a profit. You can't blame them.

That's why boxing should be run like a true sport. Some boring as football teams be getting to the super bowl, but people gotta watch it cause its the superbowl.

I know what you were talking about, and I purposely hijacked your point to make my point. my post wasn't directed specifically at you even though I quoted you. sorry.

yeah, donaire trying to make a fight of it did that. If donaire decided to be defensive they would've been feinting and posing for 12 rounds.

yeah, it's called potshotting, and it's still boring
            It's called boxing. Since Nonito got worked maybe he should reconsider his strategy. Couple more ass whippings like that from real boxers and he'll be junk.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Arum is all wet on this one. He started off right after the fight whining about Rigo. The man systematically destroyed their 'new star', and now HBO and Arum are p.o.'d? What a joke.
              TR and HBO underestimated Rigondo and overestimated Donaire...

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Exactly, if it's not a toe to toe, no defense slugfest to the point where both fighters are busted up, then it's called "running".
              HBO is trying to make profits... unentertaining styles don't make HBO them bands

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
              Hbo is cold hearted for this one. U mean to tell me they can't give him a undercard slot on one of this shows at least. Not all boxers are rios,Alvarado or ruslan. The man has some serious skills show him alittle respect. And what's with arum throwing rigo under the bus every chance he gets. If I'm rigo I dip on there a$$es first chance I get
              I gotta agree, they could throw Rigondo a bone and try to get him to fight more offensively at least... if rigondo continues to potshot and fight unentertaining fights, then they could drop him...

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              I sure enjoy the fact that both promoters and networks if they so choose, can wreck a boxer's career and livelihood not based on skills or record, but by how entertaining they are! - Said no fan or boxer ever.

Boxing is special. All the other athletes like footballers, soccer players, swimmers, even golfers, have to worry about is winning. Boxers have to worry about winning and looking entertaining at the same time.
              I agree... boxing should be run like a league... everybody watches the superbowl, even if there are boring teams in it

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Its Arum's job to promote and get Rigo the right fights, like he did with Donaire.

Arum will have to provide Rigo his fights or he will be breaching contract.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              True... Arum gotta find an angle, but rigondo gotta cooperate

Comment

• Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                maybe cause he might've wanted to be on HBO again and keep gettting them paydays
                Or get KOed by a guy who's known for that sort of thing.

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                of course!!! you got that guy scared to death... go in for the kill, but remain defensively responsible... don't ignore your defense, cause Donaire still has power
                I see. "Open up and put him away! Just don't get poleaxed in the process!"

Donaire ain't coming forward cause he's scared to death of getting countered... why not use that to initiate some offense? That's the difference between a guy that HBO wants to see again and a guy that HBO doesn't want to see again.
                Yet, as you yourself point out they do want to see Donaire again.

Donaire was defensively irresponsible and got caught...
                Nonito was countered. It's boxing. It often happens when you throw punches. I wouldn't call it being "defensively irresponsible."

Comment

• Lot of truth right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    It's called boxing. Since Nonito got worked maybe he should reconsider his strategy.
                    Gotta admit, Donaire fu.cked up. But Donaire never been a gritty fighter like Mares... Donaire always been a finesse guy and he just got out-finessed. You can't expect Donaire to change his stripes mid-fight. But Team Donaire definitely didn't prepare for the possibility that Rigondo would be faster than Donaire and take Donaire's punches well.

Hands down Donaire lost... but also, hand down, Rigondo got an unentertaining style.

Couple more ass whippings like that from real boxers and he'll be junk.
                    don't think there's anyone else who could do that to Donaire.... Rigondo is special... just not special in an entertaining kind of way

Comment

Or get KOed by a guy who's known for that sort of thing.
                      if rigondo is defensively responsible, it wouldn't have happened... Rigondo saw everything Donaire was throwing.... the risk of getting KOed wasn't very high

I see. "Open up and put him away! Just don't get poleaxed in the process!"
                      Yeah, cross your t's and dot your i's, but get that guy outta there, he's broken mentally

Yet, as you yourself point out they do want to see Donaire again.
                      yeah, cause donaire's style brings in them bands, rigondo's style don't

Nonito was countered. It's boxing. It often happens when you throw punches. I wouldn't call it being "defensively irresponsible."
                      nope, donaire was getting sloppy going for the haymakers.... sloppy = defensively irresponsible, that's why he got caught

Comment

Working...
                      X