No announcement yet.

Police are throwing flashbang grenades at protesters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Some voting irregularities in one district in a single election should not be a reason to scrap the whole thing wholesale. US politics is rotten to the core because of lobbying and money. Political reform in America has to begin with greater transparency in the lobbying process. And this will be achieved by voters declining to vote for people with close ties to lobbyists, and by telling their reps they won't vote for them if they put the interests of professional salespeople ahead of those of the electorate.

Electoral reform in the US needs must be a piecemeal process, not a revolutionary one. You start by disabling the lobby bloc and you end with changing the way the people are represented. I think a parliamentary system is more fairly representative than a presidential one, for a start.
    I most cetainly disagree with your intimation of voting "irregularities" in "a single district" in "one election."

But I do not want to get too sidetracked, as we would just go around in circles pretty much.

As for money in politics, have you yet looked into the Citizens United vs Federal Election Committee supreme court ruling? Because this ruling was basically the coup de grace where it concerns corrupt money and politics in the US.

Comment

Working...
    X