No announcement yet.

BoxRec currently has Antonio Tarver ranked as the #1 American Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxRec currently has Antonio Tarver ranked as the #1 American Heavyweight

Guess he is the one to bring those titles back to the US. Let's hope Vladimir doesn't duck him.

http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?sex=M&...ry=US&pageID=1
    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-17-2014, 10:35 AM.

Then he fight Shannon Briggs and Briggs wins to become the legit HW champ of the world.

#Lets go champ!

Comment

Not surprising really, its pretty slim pickings for decent heavyweights in US at the moment.

Comment

Antonio Tarver isn't anywhere close to the best American heavyweight.

Comment

War Mason Dixon!

Comment

boxrec have really ****ty rankings.

incredibly ****ty rankings.

Comment

There's a thread around here from years back, that explains how Boxrec uses this completely random formula to generate their rankings.

Either way it's mechanized nonsense.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Antonio Tarver isn't anywhere close to the best American heavyweight.
                Boxrec's rankings are computer based and Tarver's LHW and CW success is probably taken into account.

Tarver being the highest ranking American HW is really one of the lesser problems there. How are Hernandez and Huck #3 and #4 at CW when they have been the consensus #1-2 for years? How is Canelo #5 P4P? How is Yaegashi the #1 jr. flyweight when he has just lost his flyweight title? Etc.

The more I look at it, the more I think Boxrec's ranking system sucks balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                  Boxrec's rankings are computer based and Tarver's LHW and CW success is probably taken into account.

Tarver being the highest ranking American HW is really one of the lesser problems there. How are Hernandez and Huck #3 and #4 at CW when they have been the consensus #1-2 for years? How is Canelo #5 P4P? How is Yaegashi the #1 jr. flyweight when he has just lost his flyweight title? Etc.

The more I look at it, the more I think Boxrec's ranking system sucks balls.
                  It always has. Their rankings are always bad.

Comment

They do some very comprehensive calculations as far as I can see. Wouldn't bother to try fully understand them. It would just make more sense in the real world, so to say, that Jennings, Wilder or Cunningham were #1 US ranked.

Does anybody want to see Amir Mansour have a crack at Vladimir, btw? He would be the most dangerous American opponent in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X