No announcement yet.

Did MikeTyson lack heart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did MikeTyson lack heart?

Theres no question that Mike Tyson was one, if not the most physically gifted fighter ever, but did he lack heart? It seems that Tyson lacked a bit of heart in all his losses, well maybe besides the Douglas fight. Was it that he didnt care or did he lack the warrior spirit? Thoughts

Tyson took beatings from Lewis and Buster, I don't know how you could say he lacked heart. He may have lacked mental strength, but he had heart.

Comment

no he had heart, just a lack of patience

Comment

he didnt lack heart, when the going got tough(for most of his career) he stuck in there and would soak up a lot of punishment.

what he lacked was focus. If he got thrown off or was behind in the fight, he would just dump his strategy.

Comment

I think he lacked heart after Cus had died and then when his team fell apart. Always talks about people using him for money and stuff - must of made him feel like ****.

Comment

He always seemed to have self-pitying/hatred demenour about himself,It's like he felt he deserved any beating he took

Originally posted by Pharcyde View Post
            Tyson took beatings from Lewis and Buster, I don't know how you could say he lacked heart. He may have lacked mental strength, but he had heart.

Depends how you define heart really.I mean one could argue that he was almost resigned to losing against Lewis and just took the punishment and waited for it to end and pick up his payday.It's a pretty unfair criticism in my opinion tho.People exagerrate in their praise and criticism of Mike Tyson just like any other fighter,His critics will argue that he quit and gave up anytime he was losing or his opponent wasn't afraid but his fights against the likes of Tony Tucker and Razor Rudock suggest otherwise

One things for sure tho,Tyson took his beatings like a man

Comment

i dont know tyson imo did lack heart but he was generally found lacking when it came to the mind/spirit department.

great champs like ali, lewis even foreman and holyfield have shown strong mental fortitude. have stuck in there when it was tough, overcame odds, showed patience and intelligence during some moments and aggression and drive in others.

tyson imo is alot like rjj, they are good fighters when things are going their way but imo they could lose heart when the fight starts to slip away from them. theyve never shown inner strength to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat.

some might argue tyson did have heart, but he never had focus, mental fortitude or patience.

Comment

Where do you people come up with this?

If anything heart was what he didn't lack.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                  i dont know tyson imo did lack heart but he was generally found lacking when it came to the mind/spirit department.

great champs like ali, lewis even foreman and holyfield have shown strong mental fortitude. have stuck in there when it was tough, overcame odds, showed patience and intelligence during some moments and aggression and drive in others.

tyson imo is alot like rjj, they are good fighters when things are going their way but imo they could lose heart when the fight starts to slip away from them. theyve never shown inner strength to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat.

some might argue tyson did have heart, but he never had focus, mental fortitude or patience.
                  well-worded, he obviously had issues getting discouraged, dealing with bigger fighters, dealing with fouls/other adversity

but to say someone who came out as intense as him had no heart is the wrong description

Comment

No he was just instable and lost the only person who could channel his energies in the right way too early in his career.

Had Cuss lived another 10 years I think we would be talking about Tyson as top 10 ATG.

Comment

Working...
                    X