No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops Monroe Three Times For TKO in Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops Monroe Three Times For TKO in Six

The Forum, Inglewood, California - WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs) retained his title with a sixth round TKO of Willie Monroe Jr. (19-2, 6KOs) in a better than expected action fight.

Golovkin started applying the pressure early in the first round. In the second, Golovkin caught Monroe in the corner and hit him flush with a hard left hook and sent him down hard. Monroe got to his feet and started trying to fight back, but a series of punches sent him crashing down for a second time. Golovkin went back on the attack, but he was unable to put away Monroe who was fighting back.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Willie "No moe" Monroe Jr., .

Comment

He still won't fight ward doe

Comment

not surprised, but it is interesting that the club fighter lasted 6 rounds.

Comment

Golovkin murders Mayweather and Lara on the same night, way too good at cutting off the ring and they have even less power than Monroe to keep him off.

Respect to Monroe, big heart, gave us a good show.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

this f*kin fraud is glorified???? his toughest opponents and best fights are against the BKB champion and the Boxcino Champion who has 6 KOs in his career, Andre Ward would school that sorry azz

Comment

Monroe didn't want to go out like that, he looked to his corner to stop it but they didn't so he had to quit. A smart move.

Comment

Triple g is a bad boy I really want to see him in there canelo and cotto.

Cotto more so because he has a belt at that weight.

Comment

GGG is good, but anytime he fights someone with power it is over. He eats too many punches to last. He reminds me of Kosyta tzyu.

Comment

Willie "Ref didn't stop the when I purposefully got up at 10 in result i had to quit" Monroe

Comment

Working...
                    X