Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cezar De La Cruz's style is so similar to Ali's, especially the footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cezar De La Cruz's style is so similar to Ali's, especially the footwork

I am not sure if he's watched Ali's videos although I doubt it. there are no such videos in Cuba

More Roy Jones Jr than anything else, his reflexes are amazing though

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Nah, Cruz has an amazing jab just like Ali and Roy's jab oh well.

Comment

Only thing he has similar to Ali is pulling back from punches, he reminds me more of Prince Naseem Hamed who did that head dancing stuff and hands down and attack, but Prince had more power.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Nah, Cruz has an amazing jab just like Ali and Roy's jab oh well.
          The fact that he keeps his hands down and also the way he counter and throw punches reminds more of Roy Jones Jr but I see some Ali also especially when he pulls Back from punches

Cruz is an amazing talent, would love to see him as a pro!

Comment

yea i agree morewith this

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Only thing he has similar to Ali is pulling back from punches, he reminds me more of Prince Naseem Hamed who did that head dancing stuff and hands down and attack, but Prince had more power.
              This was only a short highlight but if you watch his fights his footwork is very similar to Ali's. His jab as well. He's not a carbon copy but there are similarities

Comment

The fact that he keeps his hands down and also the way he counter and throw punches reminds more of Roy Jones Jr but I see some Ali also especially when he pulls Back from punches

Cruz is an amazing talent, would love to see him as a pro!
                Me too, I was hoping Kovalev goes to the Olympics so they could face. Now I hope Beterbiev qualifies because outside of Ward and Kova the next best is La Sombra even though he's an amateur. Well, he has had 20 5 round fights so not a complete amateur.

Comment

La Cruz is awesome.
                  Best Cuban boxer since Rigo imo. I don't think he's quite as good as (prime) Rigo, but still an amazing talent.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    La Cruz is awesome.
                    Best Cuban boxer since Rigo imo. I don't think he's quite as good as (prime) Rigo, but still an amazing talent.
                    Rigo was better as an amateur. Cuba now have better more consistent boxers but La cruz is the more flashy.

Comment

Working...
                    X