No announcement yet.

Golovkin CAN'T make 155 lbs, that's why he won't accept Caneloweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    It's like the old days of Pac CW Terrorism. Funny how that outrage died suddenly in 2013, and now most of those guys are busy defending CWs 10x worse
    You are the dumb fck defending 164 , you need belting with a 4x2 .

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      Maybe he HAS already tried it

maybe, during one of his recent breaks between matches he's already tried to drop down in weight a bit to test the waters, and found it very difficult and felt like **** doing it, so he's calculating that he'd be weak as **** if he moves down to caneloweight

maybe he even got *****slapped by sparring partners during his weakened state

that's why caneloweight is a big no no
      Maybe, I can't deny that possibility. All I know for sure is that GGG and team aren't 100% confident they could fight just as well at 155 as they could at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquadRuss View Post
        Hes the mandatory for canelos belt. So he is entitled for that fight.
        He's entitled to a shot at the WBC title (not when he sells the right by accepting step aside fees) not Canelo.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-25-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          He can make it he just dont want to because they both will be 170-5 on the night so why bust his ass for no advantage .

For Floyd he said he can make it , and that means rehydrate to have a 25lb advantage on the night .

Its not hard to see whats going on .
          That's part of the issue here - at 34 GGG probably can't healthily rehydrate the 15 or 16lbs to his usual ring weight. Likely if he was to go to 155 (or 154) he'd be coming to the ring in the 165 - 167 range, maybe giving up as much as 10lbs to Canelo. Maybe that shouldn't matter but it's boxing and many fights are won or lost on these margins - it'd be foolish to take that kind of risk if you didn't have to.

Secondly of course there is the fact that negotiations have not yet begun. One of GGGs only bargaining tools is his mandate and the weight guarantee that brings. What kind of fool would he have to be to throw away his biggest bargaining chip before they've even started. If he agrees now to fight at whatever weight 'Nelo chooses he's basically asking for his pants to be pulled down over the purses.

IDK there's been a lot of talk from both sides over this ****, and I suspect that Oscar has no intention of putting Nelo against GGG at any weight, but if it's a sticking point I'd be disappointed if GGG wouldn't at least bend to 157, ridiculous as I think a CW is in these circumstances.

Comment

It's possible that he can't make 155 while keeping his stamina and power. But, so what ? He's a middleweight and Canelo's a middleweight.
            Maybe everyone who holds a belt should force their opponents to drain themselves. That would be great for the sport, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              That's part of the issue here - at 34 GGG probably can't healthily rehydrate the 15 or 16lbs to his usual ring weight. Likely if he was to go to 155 (or 154) he'd be coming to the ring in the 165 - 167 range, maybe giving up as much as 10lbs to Canelo. Maybe that shouldn't matter but it's boxing and many fights are won or lost on these margins - it'd be foolish to take that kind of risk if you didn't have to.

Secondly of course there is the fact that negotiations have not yet begun. One of GGGs only bargaining tools is his mandate and the weight guarantee that brings. What kind of fool would he have to be to throw away his biggest bargaining chip before they've even started. If he agrees now to fight at whatever weight 'Nelo chooses he's basically asking for his pants to be pulled down over the purses.

IDK there's been a lot of talk from both sides over this ****, and I suspect that Oscar has no intention of putting Nelo against GGG at any weight, but if it's a sticking point I'd be disappointed if GGG wouldn't at least bend to 157, ridiculous as I think a CW is in these circumstances.
              You make some very good points , very possible at 154-5 he cant rehydrate to the full 170-5 he normally does , that also could point to that Canelo is a bit smaller if he can or as you say age makes it easier for Canelo , lots of variables in this and without being close to them we just dont know and everybody's system is different , people need to realize weight is very important in todays boxing because a couple of pounds on the wrong side of the line can mean a disaster .
              Last edited by Reloaded; 04-25-2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                You are the dumb fck defending 164 , you need belting with a 4x2 .
                Don't get made at me for exposing your confusion. I'm not anti CW. Totally fine if no titles, involved, totally wrong if a champ tries to impose it on divisional rival. Canelos demand all time worst

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Don't get made at me for exposing your confusion. I'm not anti CW. Totally fine if no titles, involved, totally wrong if a champ tries to impose it on divisional rival. Canelos demand all time worst
                  I retract what I said , it would be a waste of perfectly good lumber and you would still be a dummy .

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Or he thinks he's entitled to a big fight when he isn't
                    What does entitlement have to do with it? If anything, the fans are entitled to it. We don't want to see the best fight the best anymore?

Comment

Working...
                    X