Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are resumes overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think resumes are a fabrication, much like KO percentages, paper titles, all that other stuff that means nothing. Look at the UFC in comparison. The best geniunely fight the best, everyone has tough fights, and it's normal for a fighter with 20 fights to have a couple of losses. Resumes can be manufactured and show nothing really, it's all about talent.

Comment

Are they overrated? Yes and no. It really depends on the situation. Resumes are certainly important when ranking someone on an ATG list, not as much on a P4P list. Resumes are important when talking about who has fought better competition, but not so much on what the outcome of a paticular matchup might be. Thats not even getting into the subjective nature of rating a resume, especially for current fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Are they overrated? Yes and no. It really depends on the situation. Resumes are certainly important when ranking someone on an ATG list, not as much on a P4P list. Resumes are important when talking about who has fought better competition, but not so much on what the outcome of a paticular matchup might be. Thats not even getting into the subjective nature of rating a resume, especially for current fighters.

this.

i'll also add that golovkin's resume is the best in the world at MW right now, if you consider who he beat, when, and how, and compare it to the rest of the top MWs.

Comment

I do care about the best fighting the best. Can't speak for anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
            Do we really watch boxing for resume or to be entertained? would you rather see Manny and Mayweather fight because they are the so called best?? or would you rather be entertained by seeing GGG knockout fighter after fighter? Boxing is all about the knockouts and entertainment.WHO CARES ABOUT RESUME?
            I am a former army boxer and a big boxing fan forever. I think I can pretty much tell how good a boxer is even without him having big names on his resume. I think GGG is a great fighter and he has destroyed the best fighters who would fight him. Haters badly exaggerate how bad his resume is. There is no other middleweight fighting today who has as good of resume as he does. Most of the 14 title defenses he won by KO were against guys rated in or near the top 10 in the world. He has yet to beat Saunders, Jacobs or Canelo because they have yet to agree to fight him. I think getting them in the ring is the hard part for GGG and he will knock them all out except possibly iron jawed Canelo if he fights them. I have seen enough of GGG to declare him a great fighter who won't lose unless and until old age catches up with him. Right now he is the best and I'll bet money on him no matter who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              lol from one extreme to the other. You need to be locked up.
              I agree. Definitely gone off the deep end. Pretty sad.

Comment

Working...
              X