Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knockouts where the victim's reaction made it better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What first came on my mind was Ingo Johansson’s 5th-round loss and the quivering left foot against Floyd in 1960, and Simon Brown continuing shadowboxing after being flattened in six by Vincent Pettway in 1995. Both pretty scary moments at the time they occurred.

Ingo suffered of dementia the later years of his life, and his fiancée wrote a – as brilliant as sad – book about how it was living with a partner suffering of the disease.
    I always had a great admiration for Simon Brown’s efforts in the ring, and do wonder about how his post-career life has been. Anyone got any feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      That was very violent, a huge 6'5, 250+lb man came crashing down the canvas.

But on the other hand Lewis' revenge had Rahman landing on such a hollywood movie type of spot it was priceless. LOL You couldn't make this up:

This is true lol. That KO made me smile. All was back to normal in the world

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Roy Jones's KO of Art Serwano.
        The look on Serwano's face!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
          What first came on my mind was Ingo Johansson’s 5th-round loss and the quivering left foot against Floyd in 1960, and Simon Brown continuing shadowboxing after being flattened in six by Vincent Pettway in 1995. Both pretty scary moments at the time they occurred.

Ingo suffered of dementia the later years of his life, and his fiancée wrote a – as brilliant as sad – book about how it was living with a partner suffering of the disease.
          I always had a great admiration for Simon Brown’s efforts in the ring, and do wonder about how his post-career life has been. Anyone got any feedback?
          It is rather scary hearing that Ingo suffered from dementia, considering he didn't have that many fights and most of them were easy.

Comment

Montiel looking like a turtle on his back trying to fight off Donaire from the mat.

Hatton being knocked into a stroke victim by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              It is rather scary hearing that Ingo suffered from dementia, considering he didn't have that many fights and most of them were easy.
              Good thing though, I believe Ingemar had a pretty good life overall, and that boxing gave him more than it took. His illness came rather late, and before that, he always had this relaxed and carefree attitude.

A question one can put to oneself is: If there was some kind of God who gave you the opportunity to switch life with Muhammad Ali, to personally experience the adventurous life he had (though it comes with Parkinson’s), I believe a lot of us would say yes.

To live an extraordinary life often includes risktaking. And lots of people are prepared to pay a high price – e.g. all those who have volunteered for a one-way trip to Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Can never go wrong with stunned and glassy-eyed:

thompson actually did the same pose twice on the canvas. i can't seem to find pictures, but he curled up on the canvas and looked peaceful on both occasions.

Comment

Tony Zale against Marcel Cerdan - it was the epitome of a beaten fighter. The 11th round just ended with Cerdan banging Tony on the ropes. Cerdan goes back to his corner and Tony hangs there momentarily before slowly falling to the floor face-first. Almost poetic.

Rocky Graziano against Sugar Ray robinson - Rocky is on the floor from a blistering right hand and his leg is groping for the floor even though he is horizontal.

Jimmy Ellis against Joe Frazier in their first go-round. The bell for the end of the 4th just saved Jimmy after he peeled himself off the canvas from a massive left hook and Jimmy walks unsteadily to his corner. Barely kinowing where he was going he does not see the ropes and clothes-line's himself into them. You knew then he was not coming out for the 5th.

This is sort of an add on for someone who is just out of it, not so much with the subject matter. There was a clubfighter several years back named Rocky Gannon who had just taken a bad KO. The fight was stopped, they placed him on the stool and the Dr. comes in to have a look. The Doc takes out his mini-flashlight to look at Rocky's pupils and Rocky is so out of it he starts bobbing, weaving and slipping the light as if it's a punch coming his way

Comment

The Baby Bull vs JMM 1- Amazing war, The Baby Bull refused to lose and fought till the end.

Rocky Juarez vs Barrios- barrios getting dropped and had the side of his mouth completely ripped and squirting blood!

JMM vs Pac 4- A memorable way to end the 4 fight series, the best and probably most violent of all their fights, or up there with the first.

Comment

Wilder-Liakhovich.

Comment

Working...
                      X