No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    I can't see anyway Clottey won 7 rounds and with the KD in the 1st, he needed at least 7 to win on the judges' cards. That KD is forgotten by most, but it was a huge point.
    I'm pretty sure I had Clottey winning 8 rounds. 115-112 or something. I can't remember how I scored the 1st round but I'm pretty sure Clottey was clearly winning it until the flash KD.

Nevertheless, that was clearly a fight that could have gone either way whereas the Mosley fight was one where it was almost universally agreed that Cotto won.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I'm pretty sure I had Clottey winning 8 rounds. 115-112 or something. I can't remember how I scored the 1st round but I'm pretty sure Clottey was clearly winning it until the flash KD.

Nevertheless, that was clearly a fight that could have gone either way whereas the Mosley fight was one where it was almost universally agreed that Cotto won.
      8 rounds? I'd have to re-watch to remember what rounds I gave to who, but I don't remember it being a fight where Clottey could have won 8. Almost every single ringside analysis had that same score, 114-113 for Cotto. A draw without the KD.

Also, even though Clottey was winning the round, he wasn't dominating Cotto to the point where his work outweighed a clean KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        Don't get me wrong he's a top fighter and all, I like him.

But he's not as good as people make out imo, people act like he's some ATG, HOF legend, but his resume isn't that great for such accolades to be thrown in his direction.

He's rated more for his star appeal and popularity, not for his resume.

Who has he beat? Mosley was a good win but who else? Clottey?
        He's a Hof all time great who has taken on everyone possible. he could have stayed at 140-47 and chilled there but this guy was brutally stopped twice and has lost no confidence what so ever. take on his opposition and you're gonna come out with a few losses .

Comment

8 rounds? I'd have to re-watch to remember what rounds I gave to who, but I don't remember it being a fight where Clottey could have won 8. Almost every single ringside analysis had that same score, 114-113 for Cotto. A draw without the KD.

Also, even though Clottey was winning the round, he wasn't dominating Cotto to the point where his work outweighed a clean KD.
          Such as who? I know Emmanuel Steward had Clottey winning and almost had his throat ripped out by Lampley

Just opened the video on youtube and scrolled though the comments. Most common score I see is 8-4 Clottey funnily enough....

Comment

Such as who? I know Emmanuel Steward had Clottey winning and almost had his throat ripped out by Lampley

Just opened the video on youtube and scrolled though the comments. Most common score I see is 8-4 Clottey funnily enough....
            LOL like Manny had no bias...

Cotto beat Clottey

Comment

USA Today, Fat Dan, Ring Magazine were the 3 that I saw that had it 114-113 for Cotto in the brief time I just checked.

And Steward was nuthugging Clottey all night. That was pathetic and embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by EXPOSEDheroes View Post
                LOL like Manny had no bias...

Cotto beat Clottey
                What was his bias exactly?

Comment

USA Today, Fat Dan, Ring Magazine were the 3 that I saw that had it 114-113 for Cotto in the brief time I just checked.

And Steward was nuthugging Clottey all night. That was pathetic and embarrassing.
                  More embarrassing than Lampley almost bursting into tears over Cotto in damn near every fight?

Steward was just being truthful and Lampley got very butthurt.

Comment

Cotto was a beast at 140 and really good at 147.

He still holds his own but isn't big enough for these higher weights.

Anyway, Cotto is one of the best of his era. If anything, he's under appreciated after his losses to Pac and Floyd.

Clottey fight was 8-4 Clottey, definitely, but I still don't feel bad for Clottey because he coasted in the later rounds. As an underdog. In the favorite's adopted hometown. Instead of blocking punches and making tough faces, he should have gone for the stoppage.
                    Last edited by paulf; 06-05-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Cotto fans be like....

Comment

Working...
                      X