Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to chill out on this Bradley hatred ish.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point in giving Bradley stick, I think most of us knew this was going to be the situation a few months ago, that Bob would sign Bradley, keep him inactive for a year, throw him in with an easy fight, then feed him to Manny.

I disagree it's a real threat for Pacquiao, he is a minor threat, but really he can't do anything better then Pac and I see it being a total whitewash by Pac and Bradleys first loss.
    I hope he fights Khan after Cass, but I don't see that happening, this is an undefeated black "african american, slick fighter" (add in any other cliches) being sacrificed to Pac. It's not a terrible fight for Pac, but let's not try and pretend it's a threat. JMM poses far more of a threat to Pac then Bradley ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
      Remember one thing..as long as pac is signed with arum we will never see him fight mayweather...I think pac would love to fight but arum has other plans..if he lets pac fight floyd and he loses..where does that leave bob arum?? who has he left?? he's got cotto and margarito but them together won't be able to pull the numbers pacquiao pulls.
      You sound as if you think that MannyP would be "finished" off he lost to Mayweather. I diagree with you. He has lost before, and whilst it would be blow to his pride, he would do everything to try to have a return bout. It would likely be in the contract. And if he did lose, which is only a 50-50 chance, he'd make sure to have his style altered for the return to eliminate any weakness. He could never be "counted out", and would always keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        Whats the point in giving Bradley stick, I think most of us knew this was going to be the situation a few months ago, that Bob would sign Bradley, keep him inactive for a year, throw him in with an easy fight, then feed him to Manny.

I disagree it's a real threat for Pacquiao, he is a minor threat, but really he can't do anything better then Pac and I see it being a total whitewash by Pac and Bradleys first loss.
        I hope he fights Khan after Cass, but I don't see that happening, this is an undefeated black "african american, slick fighter" (add in any other cliches) being sacrificed to Pac. It's not a terrible fight for Pac, but let's not try and pretend it's a threat. JMM poses far more of a threat to Pac then Bradley ever will.
        Arum won't keep him inactive for a year as you suggest, he has just signed him and he already has a fight for November. It's a tuneup, at least for a few competitive rounds, and he'll likely have another one before he fights MannyP, if he does fight him.

Comment

JMM poses far more of a threat to Pac then Bradley ever will.
          I whole-heartedly disagree with that sentiment.

A 38 year old Marquez does not compare to Bradley at this point. Marquez normally fights at 135lbs FFS!

Manny will have a huge advantage here.

At least Bradley has fought at 147lbs before.

Comment

Most promoters take 30%.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              It's really overblown. Yeah he ducked Khan, but when you pass on fighting one guy to have a practically guaranteed fight with someone (a lot) better, and more famous, for more money, it's not exactly an unforgivable decision. And besides it's not as if the guy he "ducked" hasn't made similar boxing decisions in his career. He sure did make Maidana wait for his MANDATORY challenge, and we all know we'll never see a rematch. And yeah Casa his a really bad choice for an opponent (Even keeping it all in-house, they could of at least had Antwone Smith), but people shouldn't act as if that the only major name fight on the card that's an uncompetive mis-match.

the thing with me is that Bradley STILL would have had a guaranteed pacquiao fight. . . so him not fighting khan shows LACK OF CONFIDENCE in his skills. . . I mean, if you were 100% confident of beating a guy, like you had been talking about for a year - WHY WOULD you turn down a possible 3-4 million dollar payday (after all UK revenue was calculated)? WHY NOT SNATCH that money up, and then sign with top rank, and have ALL THE MORE recognition going into the pacquiao fight? SHOWS HE IS SCARED! He wasn't 100% sure of being able to beat Khan. . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                the thing with me is that Bradley STILL would have had a guaranteed pacquiao fight. . . so him not fighting khan shows LACK OF CONFIDENCE in his skills. . . I mean, if you were 100% confident of beating a guy, like you had been talking about for a year - WHY WOULD you turn down a possible 3-4 million dollar payday (after all UK revenue was calculated)? WHY NOT SNATCH that money up, and then sign with top rank, and have ALL THE MORE recognition going into the pacquiao fight? SHOWS HE IS SCARED! He wasn't 100% sure of being able to beat Khan. . .
                Exactly.....

Comment

I hate that he gets a Pacquiao fight with the condition probably that he doesn't fight Khan, but it's still a fight he deserves. War Bradley!!

Comment

Please, you're vastly underestimating Bradley if you think Marquez is even close to as much a threat as Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                      its not the bradley hate, its how top rank works, bob arum has no intention of ever making the fight with mayweather... its the same pattern...

-the first time bob arum said they were trying to make the mayweather fight, margarito was already going aorund saying he was promised the pacquiao fight (fact)
                      -the second time, mosley was already going around saying he was going to fight pacquiao
                      -the third time, one week before the mosley fight, marquez is offered the next pacquiao fight
                      -and now, everyone knows bradley is next...

same song and dance....
                      this guy has a point

Comment

Working...
                      X