Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woluld Naseem Hamed have been better off had he not been trained by Emmanuel Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't he having real bad hand problems by then?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
      I wouldnt neither if i knew i sucked so much at it.... i mean getting knocked down and going toe to toe battles with b-class fighters isnt very world class...
      So now Hamed makes 15 title defences, without getting stripped, by ighting B class opposition.

Get a grip numbnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
        I wouldnt neither if i knew i sucked so much at it.... i mean getting knocked down and going toe to toe battles with b-class fighters isnt very world class...

I hate when people post dumb **** like this. How does getting knocked down = sucking as a fighter?

Hamed got dropped due to his style of being off balance but I have rarely (if ever) seen Hamed on queer street.

Hell Marquez and Trinidad got knocked down a lot but were two of the greatest fighters from this era. In all three instances each just had bad balance and were hardly hurt when dropped.

Comment

I disagree. IMO Steward teached him how to jab and how to use his latteral moves off the jab. Before He used his torso to much in order to stay in the pocket.
          Prince style was to leave himself open, make them miss and pay. I'm sure His idol was Ali.
          I think Steward teached him some basic tools He needed to play at the higher level.
          But, that's just my oppinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            So now Hamed makes 15 title defences, without getting stripped, by ighting B class opposition.

Get a grip numbnuts.
            That's the problem with 99% of the posters on this site. If they don't like a fighter they will do anything to discredit them by ignoring facts/changing history etc.

Hell I can't stand Lennox Lewis or MAB. But for me to sit up here and pretend that they aren't all time greats, and not acknowledge their accomplishments would be ignorant.

Too bad, people can't put aside biased feelings as look at fighter's and their careers objectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Brujo View Post
              Wasn't he having real bad hand problems by then?
              He had the hand problems and like people say he was not committign himself to training, possibly as a result.

Still we know fighters that have carried on through hand problems, Mayweather is one obvious example.

What broke Hamed was his ego. He really WAS that arrogant. He really DID feel he was that superior to his opponents.

He felt that superior that he spent more time perfecting the magic carpet ring entrance and getting custom made green goatskin gloves or the Barrera fight that it ate away at his game.

As they say, pop will eat itself and Hamed was very much a pop star boxer, moreso than DLH in that his career looks like that of one who has been consumed by his own image.

Comment

Is not like Barreras knock him out in a few rounds. The fight was very close and Hammed lost to a better counterpuncher. Styles make fights. Hammed's street style is a good example why some times streetfighters do better than amateur champions as Pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                  Is not like Barreras knock him out in a few rounds. The fight was very close and Hammed lost to a better counterpuncher. Styles make fights. Hammed's street style is a good example why some times streetfighters do better than amateur champions as Pros.
                  That's what I don't get either. Hamed wasn't blown out in that fight like most try to make it seem. He lose clearly, but losing to another ATG 8 rounds to 4 isn't that bad IMO.

Comment

Alot of people just loved to hate him, its a massive shame that his career to most casual fans is defined by a loss to barerra. People dont rate him because of his hands down style of boxing and seem to make out that he didnt have boxing skills.
                    Personaly i think Mayweather is just as arrogant and his career, to the usual glory hunting fan would be completely marked if he lost to Paquiao. I doubt there are many "fans" on this board (considering the amount of **** thats posted) really take the time to watch any hamed fights apart from the barerra highlights/hameds knockout highlights on youtube. In my opinion hamed was one of the most unique and entertaining boxers in recent history.

Comment

The worst thing Hamed did was use Steward AND Suarez at the same time. Whoevers fault it was, they took what made Hamed special and he looked uncomfortable in the ring. More than one head trainer is always a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X