Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Eminem as lyricist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of 'credible' people in the industry rate Lil Wayne as the best in the world so the fact that other rappers rate another rapper doesn't mean that much really. Its all bout your personal opinion.

Comment

• Look man, you may not like Em, but anyone with half a brain who knows anything, knows he's got incredible skill lyrically.

Sure he's had some whack songs, but EVERY F**KING ARTIST EVER has had some weak songs throughout their careers. You post and walk about the weak ones, while maybe we should post every single track where Em is lyrically amazing. And we're not even taking freestyle into account here. He would wreck anyone you mentioned in a freestyle. Cannibus is the ONLY emcee that was ever once upon a time dope, to start s**t with Em. And he wasn't ever one anyone's f**king radar.

Seriously, you sound like f**king Benzino right now. The fact that you say Eminem has never had a classic, when he's had 2 hands down classics and an underground classic, just goes to show your opinion on this can't be trusted. No one's saying you don't know hip hop, but when you start questioning Em's lyrical ability, saying Redman and Scarface are better, comparing him to f**king Soulja Boy.....we have got to question why you hate him so much.

Eminem is dope. He's one of the GOAT's. There are few that best for best, could have f**ked with Em all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        A lot of 'credible' people in the industry rate Lil Wayne as the best in the world so the fact that other rappers rate another rapper doesn't mean that much really. Its all bout your personal opinion.
        No one says Wayne is good lyrically.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
          A lot of 'credible' people in the industry rate Lil Wayne as the best in the world so the fact that other rappers rate another rapper doesn't mean that much really. Its all bout your personal opinion.
          nothing and nobody in the INDUSTRY is credible

a new wave of hip hop heads emerged from outta nowhere and started making hip hop laws going completely against the grain...I love to listen to so called hip hop heads down play Tupac's legacy and uplift these dudes spitting today...thats my problem with the new wave of heads...Tupac left the earth at age 25...most of the dudes they say are lyrically stronger are in their 30's..if you rate Em so high, where do you rate Tupac...over Em or under Em?!?

its not how Pac said things..its WHAT he said that seperates him from clones/clowns today....just had to endorse my PERSONAL fav emcee in here

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Look man, you may not like Em, but anyone with half a brain who knows anything, knows he's got incredible skill lyrically.

Sure he's had some whack songs, but EVERY F**KING ARTIST EVER has had some weak songs throughout their careers. You post and walk about the weak ones, while maybe we should post every single track where Em is lyrically amazing. And we're not even taking freestyle into account here. He would wreck anyone you mentioned in a freestyle. Cannibus is the ONLY emcee that was ever once upon a time dope, to start s**t with Em. And he wasn't ever one anyone's f**king radar.

Seriously, you sound like f**king Benzino right now. The fact that you say Eminem has never had a classic, when he's had 2 hands down classics and an underground classic, just goes to show your opinion on this can't be trusted. No one's saying you don't know hip hop, but when you start questioning Em's lyrical ability, saying Redman and Scarface are better, comparing him to f**king Soulja Boy.....we have got to question why you hate him so much.

Eminem is dope. He's one of the GOAT's. There are few that best for best, could have f**ked with Em all time.
            You don't know hip hop hence why you rate em so highly your only argument is 'everyone else likes him so I must be right' you are a sheep I don't give a **** what everyone else thinks the world is full of idiots. Scarface is one of the best ever and I know that you have never heard the diary or the fix because if you had you wouldn't try to rate em over him I guarantee you don't even know who the ghetto boys are.

You are not Hip hop can you are an eminem stan. The fact that you can't name five better emcees shows how limited the amount if hip hop you have heard is. You probably think jada is top 5 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by piye View Post
              He's still a dope emcee, not one person on this site can tell me a thing about hip hop. I've listened to every classic there is from slick rick and his great adventures to Cuban linx and ill tell you em does not have a classic album. Me saying he's poor was just baiting he's an average emcee that a lot of non hip hop fans take to and so are now rap experts. And dictate those who have listened to rap for their whole life's.
              No-one's dictating anything.

Rap is about personal preferences. Who are you to dictate to others whose better? You don't know what people have listened to their whole life? You don't know which artist is more relate-able to them. That's the beauty of it. Any artist can effect any person in any way.

You may not have to like Eminem but to downplay the man's significance to the game and what's done for Hip Hop as a whole is down right stupid and ignorant.

Considering legends like Rakim (The G.O.A.T. to me personally, alongside Nas), Scarface, Snoop, Jay, etc recognise his skill and what's he's done for the culture says it all. These guys have done more than listen to rap their whole life, they've lived it, they've rapped about it & they've been around the best.

I don't know whether your tryna play the 'cool guy' 'hipster' role by saying "I've listened to all the classics" "you don't know ****" "real hip-hop heads know Em is average" just smacks of an ignorance.

Comment

• OK you are entitled to your opinion i'll stick to mine.

Comment

• Forget about how amazing his flow is or how great he is at storytelling - I want someone to show me one single rap track with more emotion in it than 'Kim'.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Forget about how amazing his flow is or how great he is at storytelling - I want someone to show me one single rap track with more emotion in it than 'Kim'.
                    THIS....

That song ****ed me up when I heard it for the very first time as a teenager.

"Bleed b*tch bleed....... BLEEEEEEED"....

Not to mention that beat.... man it was insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      THIS....

That song ****ed me up when I heard it for the very first time as a teenager.

"Bleed b*tch bleed....... BLEEEEEEED"....
                      People rag on Em a lot for mentioning Kim a lot in his songs, but it was the original piece that started that trend. Furthermore, its the ultimate swan song for any man who has been ****ed over by a woman he loved.

You know you want to listen.

Comment

Working...
                      X