No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I'll be cheering for Marquez but I have a feeling that age might finally catch up to him in this fight.
    pacquaio is old too and he took on the more dangerous fights than marquez by far..

pac looked like **** in his last fights where marquez looked good in his ...if anything it's pac that should be using that excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I'll be cheering for Marquez but I have a feeling that age might finally catch up to him in this fight.
      I surely hope not,
      If anything a motivated Marquez looks fresh.
      Looking forward to the fight it's going to be war.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        pacquaio is old too and he took on the more dangerous fights than marquez by far..

pac looked like **** in his last fights where marquez looked good in his ...if anything it's pac that should be using that excuse...
        It may be the opposition Pac has been fighting.
        No distractions this fight, I'm expecting Pac to come out guns blazing and no excuses whatever the outcome is.

Comment

A commenter can claim his fighter won when he actually lost.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
            It may be the opposition Pac has been fighting.
            No distractions this fight, I'm expecting Pac to come out guns blazing and no excuses whatever the outcome is.
            it's not just that...i know the bradley fight was a robbery but even i did'nt see the old pacquaio there.. in the margo fight he was still a beast but he was somewhat hesistant to do damage....hope youre right tho

Comment

I think both might be afriad to forgo tactics and go to war,for fear or not being able to KO the other and lose rounds in the process of trying.

but,they must realise fighting like the past 3 fights will only bring a close result at the end yet again.

If marquez really recognises he needs to be more aggresive and maybe even try for a KO that makes things easier for pac but pac cant just rely on boxing for a result as can be seen from the bradley fight.

would love em to just get into the phone box and go to war,let them forget judges and go for a real undisputed win by way of KO or TKO!

Comment

This will be like the 3 previous encounters where either man could have won. Yet, I have JMM on points this go around.

This is the first time I've picked against pac in years. I had Pac destroying JMM last go around as pac is the super duper best decade in the universe mega champ and was a changed fighter who evolved since the 2nd encounter with JMM back in 2008. Pac was surly going to "out-due" Floyd Mayweather, I just knew it.

Yet I was proven wrong as Pac had been fighting **** opposition to look better than he really was. I ate my humble pie as I doubted JMM and thought Pac was better than he really turned out to be.

In the end Pac won and I had picked Pac but everyone knows JMM made pac look like the same damn fool who looked confused and couldn't adjust just like in 2008. Like Hoya vs Trinidad who let off the gas and “lost”, JMM let off the gas and let himself down in the 3rd fight that he had in the bag IMO. I don't see this happening again. JMM on a close Points victory. In which Bob’s eyes turn to $ and talks Bradley II, JMM V with Rios somewhere in the mix.

Comment

A lot of people picking Marquez I see.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    A lot of people picking Marquez I see.
                    The odds where great (when I picked JMM to win on pts months ago). The odds also seem better since Pac "lost" to Bradley by pts.

Comment

Cliff made a good point about Pacquaio slowing down and only fighting in spots, this plays right into Marquez's hands. Watching their last fight I felt Pacquaio had extra gears but wasn't able to pull the trigger in part because of what would come back from Marquez and also because he isn't the same fighter from a few years ago. To win decisively Manny has to go balls to wall aggressive. I have a feeling he's going to want to make a big statement after their last fight and the Bradley debacle. This fight will also show us how much he has left against a live opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X