Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Heavyweight today honestly has a realistic chance of beating the Klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything can happen in a HW fight--Brewster and Sanders showed us that.

I see several contenders at the moment who possess abilities that others in the division lack. With proper training and the right game plans, these are the fighters with the best chance to upset Wladimir.

Pulev, Price, Haye, Boytsov

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Solis is fat, injury prone and almost 33 years old

hypotheticals are not going to get it done and these "skills" have been demonstrated against who exactly?

what good wins does he have?
      I get bored with Solis haters. Not that there aren't legitimate criticisms out there, but it's hard to take people on boxing forums too seriously when their main function is to hate.

Solis is the most talent rich heavyweight, period. Maybe this will make you more comfortable though; consider it a critique of the heavyweight division as a whole, not a praise of Solis.

Comment

I think quite a few could possibly get the better of Vitali at this stage. Haye and price for starters would have to be given a great chance of beating him. Wlad is a different story he is head and shoulders above the rest. Again if Haye came in with the rights attitude like the chisora fight I guess he might have a 20% chance of pulling off the upset v wlad, Price is still a bit of an unknown quantity there. Nobody else has anything other than a punchers chance against wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          I get bored with Solis haters. Not that there aren't legitimate criticisms out there, but it's hard to take people on boxing forums too seriously when their main function is to hate.

Solis is the most talent rich heavyweight, period. Maybe this will make you more comfortable though; consider it a critique of the heavyweight division as a whole, not a praise of Solis.
          I get bored with people talking about how "skilled" solis is when his best win is over 270lb Chauncey Welliver

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I get bored with people talking about how "skilled" solis is when his best win is over 270lb Chauncey Welliver
            I certainly wouldn't put Chaunce Welliver above Monte Barrett (nor Ray Austen, or even Carl Davis Drumond, or even Konstantin Airich quite frankly), but his best win is going to occur when he defeats Tomasz Adamek in December. For the record, I am a big Adamek fan, and don't want to see him lose, and I hope Adamek pulls it off. But I don't think he will.

The point is though that the heavyweight division is weaker than weak, and Solis is the guy who in my humble estimation stands the best shot of beating a Klitschko. Feel free to disagree, but the tired knee-jerk reactions against anyone who mentions Solis are quite ridiculous and tiring, and not really deserving to be taken seriously.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X