Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd among the ATGs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is the best of his generation at the moment so he ranks higher than anyone of his generation because he hasn't been knocked out, hasn't lost, and his skills are phenomenal. I don't rank fighters until their careers are over though.

Comment

21-50 is a wide gap between those 2 figures.
      Hes probably 37 to 50

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Floyd is the best of his generation at the moment so he ranks higher than anyone of his generation because he hasn't been knocked out, hasn't lost, and his skills are phenomenal. I don't rank fighters until their careers are over though.
        Just stop. Neither has Bradley been stopped or knocked out or lost until he fought Pac.

Floyd has good skills but theres things he cant do as well. He cant punch for starters, he dont fight for main course.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Just stop. Neither has Bradley been stopped or knocked out or lost until he fought Pac.

Floyd has good skills but theres things he cant do as well. He cant punch for starters, he dont fight for main course.
          He definitely can punch but he's by no means a KO artist. If you knockout or TKO more than 60% of your opponents you definitely have some pop to your punches. I think Floyd is a top 30 fighter. He made it to 35 without being defeated and won multiple titles in multiple divisions. You combine his resume with his talent and that definitely makes him a top 30 fighter. I think guys like Cotto, Mosley, and De La Hoya would have been competitive in any era honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Pernell couldn't punch...not like being a light puncher has to be bad.. then again, every opponent has said Floyd hits harder than given credit for so I'll go with that.

Anywho.. top 50 I guess. MUCH higher if he beats Martinez or Pac.. If he beats both? He skyrockets...well...to be honest he'll get more credit beating Martinez if martinez beats Chavez jr.. People will just say Pac was "old" or "was never in his league " to begin with.. Then again, Pac will look good on the resume 20 years from now.

He has to go on an amazing run to leap frog his way into the top. I do agree though. Floyd is without question the best of his generation... which is after the Oscar/Shane/Trinidad times though. Floyd is a victim of himself and of time. He came in a little too late, and was fine with it...

Comment

20 - 50

behind pacquiao , Hopkins , W.Klitschko

Comment

No, its been already established that Pac is the best of this generation. To get Floyd to fight, wave the could be the best in front of floyd and he may step up to the plate at some point.

FLoyd will not be the best of this generation based on his unbeaten record.

Comment

Right now : top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
                    20 - 50

behind pacquiao , Hopkins , W.Klitschko
                    w klitchsko? don't be serious. he doesn't even crack to top 50.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      w klitchsko? don't be serious. he doesn't even crack to top 50.
                      "Doesn't even" shouldn't really follow Top 50.

Being amongst the top 50 fighters of all time in a sport as rich in history as boxing is a huge compliment.

As for Wladimir Klitschko, he is of course no where near the Top 50 or 100.

Comment

Working...
                      X