No announcement yet.

Why do you prefer Boxing over MMA or any other sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    boxing is the woman i love, mma is the woman who i fked on the side and was excited about her but i got tired of her after 3 months... the head was good tho i still think about it.
    That's beautiful, man. Sig material.

Comment

Big Fan Of BOTH and I have no problem admitting it. A lot of the young fans get into this MMA vs Boxing Crap and most of them don't know **** about either sport

I respect both sport and the guys who do it for a living because it takes HARD WORK to be successful at it.

I just been watching Longer and see boxing grow and its rich History. MMA is still growing, haven't had those Historical Moments in their sport yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        boxing is the woman i love, mma is the woman who i fked on the side and was excited about her but i got tired of her after 3 months... the head was good tho i still think about it.
        Hahah that was awesome.

But like another poster said, boxing evokes emotion with me more than any other sport. You really get invested in the fighters. It's great.

It also brings my family and friends together to hang out, eat good carne asada, and enjoy some fights.

Comment

i honestly used to like mma MORE back i guess what you call its height. or atleast parralel to boxing i liked it. but its not at its height anymore

and what ive been getting the impression of more and more as i watch these mma fights is that some or maybe half of the guys cant fight. they were trained to fight, and they cant really throw them thangs' like boxers do. its not even fun to watch them try half the time.

i dont wanna sound like its everybody, cause its not. just some people. i think they are weeding out more and more of the bad ones as time goes on. its still in its dinosaur pre k ages i think now. maybe in a few years, everybody will be top notch, like jon jones/gsp.

oh, and i am really excited for the jon jones fight tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Big Fan Of BOTH and I have no problem admitting it. A lot of the young fans get into this MMA vs Boxing Crap and most of them don't know **** about either sport

I respect both sport and the guys who do it for a living because it takes HARD WORK to be successful at it.

I just been watching Longer and see boxing grow and its rich History. MMA is still growing, haven't had those Historical Moments in their sport yet
            That's my bad. I should have worded my post a lot differently. I don't want to compare them to each other. I'm looking for why do you prefer boxing.

Comment

What do you mean by "mma or other sports"?! There's only one sport

Comment

Originally posted by TheUglyness View Post
                Hahah that was awesome.

But like another poster said, boxing evokes emotion with me more than any other sport. You really get invested in the fighters. It's great.

It also brings my family and friends together to hang out, eat good carne asada, and enjoy some fights.
                Agreed. Especially those few seconds right before the bell is about to ring. Heart rate goes nuts.

Comment

This is what I don't understand about the MMA people they love it when their guys go toe to toe well What are they doing they're boxing. No body wants to see guys in underwear grabbing each others crotch. Boxing can be more blood thirst if they wore 5 oz gloves but boxers wouldn't be able to fight no longer than 5 years if they did

Comment

I started watching boxing as a kid because it was the only thing with mainstream exposure but as far as favorites go:

1. Kickboxing
                    2. Boxing
                    3. MMA

I have both boxing and kickboxing instructors at the gym and I appreciate both for what they are.

I know all else equal, an MMA fighter would beat both on the street but as a spectator I find the rules very awkward. It's not really "as real as it gets" because if you had a guy on the ground like that in a life or death fight, you'd just claw his eyes out or headbutt him repeatedly or something. They have the rules set up to encourage "epic stalemates" and damn it can get boring for someone who isn't into wrestling/jiu jitsu and just sees some guy sitting there doing nothing with his feet and balls in another guys face.
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-26-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

MMA is not a sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X