No announcement yet.

Prime Holyfeild vs. Current Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    You don't have to be a murderous puncher to stop Wlad (see Ross Purrity).

Poet

Wlad was 22 and was about 20 pounds smaller then he was in his prime when that happened

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Wlad was 22 and was about 20 pounds smaller then he was in his prime when that happened
      Hey Einstein, those 20 pounds weren't added to his chin :jerk0ff9:

Comment

Yeah because a fighters punch resistance never gets better when you get bigger and stronger.

I am not denying that Wlad has a bad chin everybody knows that but come on Wlad completely transformed as a fighter since he got knocked out by Purity.

smh I don't know why I am trying to be rational with you

Comment

If a prime Holyfield was fighting today and wanted to fight Wlad, he'd be redirected to Vitali.

Punchers in this line!
          Boxers in this line!

That is another reason the two of them as champions hurt the others chance at greatness. They have been match by their strengths.

Comment

its called manstrength. a 22 year old wladimir klitschko was not in the manstrength years yet. he was still a boy, for lack of a better term.

HW's generally dont peak physically until their late 20's and early 30's, especially the ones with length, in terms of their physical strength, punching power
            it takes time to fill out a frame like wladimir
            lennox lewis
            ali

this includes their ability to take a punch biologically (what we call a chin,) not to mention the mental aspect of boxing and dealing with a guy who is trying to take your head off

why do you think guys have trouble being effective punchers as they move up in weight?
            the guys get bigger!

now obviously, an extra 25 lbs of man, and 10 years to mature, isn't going to turn a chinny wladimir into iron chinned vitali

but it certainly helps.

i garantee wladimir takes a better shot today (in his physical prime,) than he did when he was 22 and still a boy.

anybody who knows a goddamn thing about boxing will back me up.

i really have a hard time believing you dont get this.

do you go to fights?
            have you ever seen a teenager fight?
            have you ever seen a grown man fight?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              its called manstrength. a 22 year old wladimir klitschko was not in the manstrength years yet. he was still a boy, for lack of a better term.

HW's generally dont peak physically until their late 20's and early 30's, especially the ones with length, in terms of their physical strength, punching power
              lennox lewis
              ali

this includes their ability to take a punch biologically (what we call a chin,) not to mention the mental aspect of boxing and dealing with a guy who is trying to take your head off

why do you think guys have trouble being effective punchers as they move up in weight?
              the guys get bigger!

now obviously, an extra 25 lbs of man, and 10 years to mature, isn't going to turn a chinny wladimir into iron chinned vitali

but it certainly helps.

i garantee wladimir takes a better shot today (in his physical prime,) than he did when he was 22 and still a boy.

do you go to fights?

I've seen the Purrity-Wladimir fight. The loss had nothing to do with chin or power. Klitschko simply set too fast a pace and totally ran out of gas. That isn't an excuse, just the right place to point the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I've seen the Purrity-Wladimir fight. The loss had nothing to do with chin or power. Klitschko simply set too fast a pace and totally ran out of gas. That isn't an excuse, just the right place to point the finger.
                Having only been 8 rounds once, never more, and over half his fights ending in the first 2 rounds had a lot to do with it IMO. Had it not been for some chump title (and therefore a 12 rounder,) Purrity would not being enjoying his 5 seconds of fame, it'd have been a fairly straightforward Wlad UD10 (Ross becoming the second guy in 25 fights to last the distance.)

Wlad's chin isn't the greatest, but he never gets hit these days. His current style is rarely pretty, but it is damn effective. Granted Holyfield is far superior to anyone he's been fighting, which is why I'd give him the edge. But I wouldn't bet the house on it.
                Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

want a pat on the back?
                  or are you implying that i havnt seen wladimir's losing fights?

wladimir was 22. both in terms of the maturation process his boxing, and physically. he was Immature.

my post was in response to what the "poet" said about 25 lbs (and many years of growth) not helping somebody's chin

"Hey Einstein, those 20 pounds weren't added to his chin :jerk0ff9 "

which is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Yeah because a fighters punch resistance never gets better when you get bigger and stronger.

I am not denying that Wlad has a bad chin everybody knows that but come on Wlad completely transformed as a fighter since he got knocked out by Purity.

smh I don't know why I am trying to be rational with you
                    I've already explained the biological reasons for this to you once before so I suggest you use the "search" button as I'm not into issuing reruns to idiots that think Virgil Hill is a better fighter than Pernell Whitaker.

Poet

Comment

lennox lewis
                      ali

the guys get bigger!

but it certainly helps.

do you go to fights?
                      This is filler as you made my point for me when you wrote this:

A fighter's chin is something they're either born with or they aren't. Either they have it or they don't. It isn't something you can go out and get or work on to develope. Punch resistance is about the ability to absorb an accumulation of punishment rather than the ability to take a shot and not have your lights put out. Apples and oranges.

In anycase all this misses the larger point of "You don't need to be huge puncher to stop Wlad". The man has terrible stamina (see the first Brewster fight) that he masks with an extremely low punch output. He gets away with it because he's been fighting low caliber detritus. He isn't beating Holyfield by throwing 10 punches a round and if he picks up the pace he gasses and gets taken out. Pure and simple.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X