Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 reasons why pac is still top dog!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manny gets lost to eric but then KO'd eric twice. Manny is no. 1,the best in the world. hatton will not win, he will get punished. But in case hatton wins, he is not the best. Marquez should be the best. BUt there is only 30 percent chance for these things happening. Manny wins 1k.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
      Because that makes scene. If you don't agree with somthing you are a hater.
      When you disagree with something THAT obvious, then you must have an agenda.

Lets face facts here.

1. His nearest two rivals are JMM and BHop.

JMM lost to Pac less than 2 years ago, so He cannot be above him if pac hasn't lost

BHop lost to Calzaghe less than 2 years ago, Pac was Ranked ABOVE Calzaghe.

Comment

Because thats right. If you don't agree with somthing you are a hater.
        well said, i dont accuse people of being a hater or a nuthugger (every one has an opinion) but if hammerhiem made a comment like that he must be a nuthugger!!!!

yes i dont like pac and yes i think hatton will win but i still think this will be a gr8 fight and both have a strong chance.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
          1. pac has not been beaten as p4p 1

2. pac beat marquez.

3. Pac is a 5 weight champ

4. pac still has got the best resume of fighters.

5. pac is fighting 2-3 divisions above his natural weight.

6. pac is taking on real challenges. e.g hatton, cotto, mosely

this is for all you folks thinking that he is an undeserving p4p 1. i repeat he cant be overtaken untill he is beaten decisively, or when he retires. no current fighter comes close.
          I'm a big fan of Pacman, but both him and Marquez are ranked the best in my mind. They are both fighting above their natural weight class and are both taking on big challenges (though Casamayor/J.Diaz > D.Diaz/Oscar).

The Pacman/Marquez fights were both very close, so you can't really use them in this case until one of them clearly beats the other.

The P4P list is a bit pointless IMO, its completely subjective and really doesn't prove anything. It just seems being P4P #1 is more important than taking on the big challenges for some fighters/fans.

Comment

Huge fan of Pacquiao and I even chose Diaz to wear down Marquez. In their current situations, given both of their obvious step's up in competition, I would make this a 1 and 1a) situation based on their head to head records -- which is by no means decisive. I am actually quite nervous about Pacquiao taking a rematch with JMM but I still wanna see that sumbitch.

Anyway Pacquiao is 1 because he earned it, he was there first and has yet to be beaten as P4P number 1 and Marquez would be 1a because he's doing everything that is within his power to match Pacquiao in accomplishments which should hopefully force Pac to a third fight.

Regardless of who you guys think has the better record or who won either fight these guys are completely, totally and perfectly matched. A third fight will be historic. Who the **** would have thought that this would be the case 5 or even 3 years ago. Boxing is ****ing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
              I'm a big fan of Pacman, but both him and Marquez are ranked the best in my mind. They are both fighting above their natural weight class and are both taking on big challenges (though Casamayor/J.Diaz > D.Diaz/Oscar).

The Pacman/Marquez fights were both very close, so you can't really use them in this case until one of them clearly beats the other.

The P4P list is a bit pointless IMO, its completely subjective and really doesn't prove anything. It just seems being P4P #1 is more important than taking on the big challenges for some fighters/fans.
              I pretty much just said the exact same thing that you did. I agree with you on everything except the level of opposition in their two fights respectively.

I think Diaz was a decent step up for Pacquiao and Casamayor -- though Ring Champ, had lost a step. ****, they say he is 37 but some have said that he could be as old as 40 and he definitely is not even close to being the old Joel.

vs. Diaz and vs Oscar is different.

Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY that was anybody in boxing chose Oscar to destroy Pacquiao. Pacquiao manhandled him like he was a child. That was major.

Diaz vs Marquez was a toss-up (I chose Diaz) and it was even right up to the knockout though you could see JMM taking over in the later rounds.

I don't think that anybody before the fight was saying that Oscar de la Hoya is less of a challenge for Pacquiao (given the size difference) than Diaz is for Marquez so why say it now. I personally don't even believe Oscar is half as shot as people are saying. I think Pacquiao just made him look that way.

Comment

Pac has lost you moron. He did revenge his loss to Morales tho. He beat JMM on a controversial split decision. Real challenge? What was david Diaz. JMM mover up a fought Joel Casamayor. Pacman went up and was all cautious. Who has Pac beat a light weight? Oscar De La Hoya? He is an over rated hasbeen. Also only a few fighter have entered the ring with pacman and been taller. Ricky Hatton is only an inch taller.
                casamayor was shot by the time JMM got him. the only thing that impressed me in that fight was that JMM KOed him, which is notable because he's never been KOed before.

same thing with DLH... it was impressive that Pac tKOed DLH, who has never been stopped except by Hopkins.

if you're gonna give JMM credit for Casamayor, you must give Pac credit for DLH.

Comment

pac is not a 5 weight champ.......and its very debatable jmm being p4p#1

Comment

[QUOTE=Pullcounter;4843699]casamayor was shot by the time JMM got him. the only thing that impressed me in that fight was that JMM KOed him, which is notable because he's never been KOed before.

same thing with DLH... it was impressive that Pac tKOed DLH, who has never been stopped except by Hopkins.

if you're gonna give JMM credit for Casamayor, you must give Pac credit for DLH.[/
                    QUOTE]

not true at all.casa was the man at 135 coming off of a ko win..oscar hasnt done **** in years

Comment

Working...
                    X