No announcement yet.

Enough talk of ''Da skillz'' without elite attributes you'll never be elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough talk of ''Da skillz'' without elite attributes you'll never be elite

People put to much emphasis on ''skillz doe''. Fact is, you'll get nowhere in boxing if you don't have either a good chin, power, good reflexes, or good speed.

Mayweather wouldn't be chit without his cat like reflexes and handspeed, yes he has ''skillz'' but they don't mean a thing if you don't have attributes which are largely genetic, Pac likewise wouldn't be chit without his speed and reflexes, Margarito without his chin, Golovkin without his power etc...

I just decided to make this thread because I saw a video with that idiot Barry Robinson insinuating that GGG has this KO ratio purely because he is 'skilled doe' you either have it or you don't, PERIOD.
    Last edited by Resilient; 08-31-2014, 08:20 PM.

Somebody is going to bring up Froch or Bradley, but wait they have chins.

Comment

Fact is u will never be elite without a unique combination of both. In fact I'd argue most ppl on here don't even know what an elite fighter is these days.

Comment

You need the physical attributes to showcase your skills to be "ELITE"...

Comment

But Hopkins though.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            But Hopkins though.
            Hopkins intelligence is quite high. He knows the ins and outs of the ring. That's his attribute.

Comment

This thread is further proof that boxing is not about "hit and get hit" but rather "winning with what you've got".

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                Hopkins intelligence is quite high. He knows the ins and outs of the ring. That's his attribute.
                I'd say ring IQ/awareness is closer to the skills end of the spectrum than being born with a cro-magnon chin like Margarito, or having quick reflexes like Mayweather.

Comment

Mayweather doesnt have a single atg physical attribute going for him.

-Roy Jones, Whitaker and dare I say Pacquiao were much faster

-Hearns, Robinson, Leonard were longer/rangier

-Half of boxing has more power

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    Mayweather doesnt have a single atg physical attribute going for him.

-Roy Jones, Whitaker and dare I say Pacquiao were much faster

-Hearns, Robinson, Leonard were longer/rangier

-Half of boxing has more power
                    Mayweather has ATG reflex's Distance and timing,plus his calculations of a fighter which simply can not be taught...you are dead wrong..thats what makes his great.. a lot are faster, stronger, longer etc etc..but he finds away just like Hopkins to take what you process away and dominate you

Comment

Working...
                    X