Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar de la Hoya vs Ike Quartey: One of my favorite fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    No lie, Ike looks like he's on auto pilot; in that he continues to throw after eating all those shots in the 12

After watching this and the other parts of the fight, it reminded me of how sickening George Foreman's biased commentary was that night. He was worst than Lampley.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      After watching this it reminded me of how sickening George Foreman's biased commentary was that night. He was worst than Lampley.
      George was terrible that night. You would've thought Ike won only the sixth listening to him.

Comment

DLH gave us his heart in the ring it pisses me off to hear some of these dudes dog his ass on here that **** aint right.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          The fight was not close and it is so freaking overrated.

Aside from the 6th and 12th rounds it was Ike jabbing and Oscar doing nothing.

Oscar clearly lost and it wasn't a great fight.
          Agreed.

Along with Holyfield-Tyson 1, probably the most overrated fight in recent years. Two exciting rounds. Not a great chess-match, where one guy makes a mistake and the other guy makes him pay. This was two guys largely posing and staring at each other for long stretches of time.

The end was very exciting, and DLH finished strong, but did way too little in most of the fight, losing too many rounds, and was fortunate to have won the decision. Sort of like how later that year, Trinidad finished better, but lost too many other rounds to have deserved the decision IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
            After watching this and the other parts of the fight, it reminded me of how sickening George Foreman's biased commentary was that night. He was worst than Lampley.
            "Not much is a lot for Oscar De La Hoya. Not much IS A LOT"

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
              "Not much is a lot for Oscar De La Hoya. Not much IS A LOT"

I remember him saying that. I was furious that night. But truth be told, I always liked George - even when he was an idiot like the Trinidad fight. And I couldn't help but laugh at him during the Barrera-Hamed fight. He loved that lil' Prince so much...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

I remember him saying that. I was furious that night. But truth be told, I always liked George - even when he was an idiot like the Trinidad fight. And I couldn't help but laugh at him during the Barrera-Hamed fight. He loved that lil' Prince so much...
                Lampley had such a raging hard-on for Barrera. His man-crush was cringe worthy. Making that Allah knows how to spell Barrera comment and then actually spelling out Barrera's name. He was so mad about the missed call that it took him about 4 or 5 replays of the knockdown in Barrera-Marquez to finally admit that Barrera did hit Marquez when he was down after dropping him.

"No disrespect to you Roy, but Barrera is the smartest boxer I have ever met"

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                  Lampley had such a raging hard-on for Barrera. His man-crush was cringe worthy. Making that Allah knows how to spell Barrera comment and then actually spelling out Barrera's name. He was so mad about the missed call that it took him about 4 or 5 replays of the knockdown in Barrera-Marquez to finally admit that Barrera did hit Marquez when he was down after dropping him.

"No disrespect to you Roy, but Barrera is the smartest boxer I have ever met"
                  That...was disgusting. I'm surprised George didn't backslap his a** when he said that. You know he wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                  X