Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Drozd Admits He Was Stunned When Fury Unseated Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Drozd Admits He Was Stunned When Fury Unseated Klitschko

WBC cruiserweight champion Grigory Drozd was stunned when Tyson Fury unseated Wladimir Klitschko on November 28th in Dusseldorf, Germany to capture the WBA/IBO/IBF/WBO world titles.

[Click Here To Read More]

"All the belts" ! They've already begun carving them up and handing to the likes and ilk of Glazkov and Martin !

Saddens me the IBF had to genuinely stick to its rules in this case, to think Wilder will likely pursue the winner to continue to elude Povetkin, I suppose the wait will have been worth it to finally see Wilder face a mandatory challenger even though he was immediately ordered to face one right off the bat after the winning that title he currently holds.

Comment

Hopefully Wilder will unify against the winner of Glazkov-Martin then Fury can swoop in, destroy Bum Squad and grab all the belts.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It is shocking when a long time champion loses in his prime a la Jones. Not so much when they just fight on into their declining years and then lose.

If Mayweather un-retires himself and loses it won't be a huge shock, more a huge disappointment for all his fans. If Golovkin would lose his next fight that would be a huge shock but if he stays unbeaten for another 3 years and then he loses then not so much.

The IBF stripping Fury wasn't a good thing. The only positive is that genuine contenders like Ortiz have more belts to shoot for.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          It is shocking when a long time champion loses in his prime a la Jones. Not so much when they just fight on into their declining years and then lose.

If Mayweather un-retires himself and loses it won't be a huge shock, more a huge disappointment for all his fans. If Golovkin would lose his next fight that would be a huge shock but if he stays unbeaten for another 3 years and then he loses then not so much.

The IBF stripping Fury wasn't a good thing. The only positive is that genuine contenders like Ortiz have more belts to shoot for.
          youre saying wlad was in his prime at 40 yrs old and over 60 fights? he looked shot to bits to me

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            youre saying wlad was in his prime at 40 yrs old and over 60 fights? he looked shot to bits to me
            I think you misunderstood me - I would say Wlad is a typical example of a fighter who continues into his declining years and eventually loses. You'll get got sooner of later by an up and comer.

Comment

The problem with all the belts being carved up prevents the best match ups happening, ie the champ not facing the best challengers or not being forced too !

It is frustrating enough with the two best challengers avoiding each other to grab a money spinning fight against the champ without facing the other best up and comer. As we have seen especially with Wilder, unification is not high up on his list of priorities, especially whilst the last champion was still looking as fearsome as he was.

Comment

I think you misunderstood me - I would say Wlad is a typical example of a fighter who continues into his declining years and eventually loses. You'll get got sooner of later by an up and comer.
                oh ok. yea,,,,,I agree with you

Comment

Dwyer was called crazy when he explained Fury being more talented than Klitschko..

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    Dwyer was called crazy when he explained Fury being more talented than Klitschko..
                    he still is. a younger wlad clearly had more talent than fury. wlad is over the hill and cant pull the trigger anymore. fury would have given any version of wlad problems but I dont think hed have beaten wlad just a few yrs ago

Comment

Working...
                    X