• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping off the UFC here...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      Ripping off the UFC here...
      Right, the whole idea of not working with other promoters is ripping off UFC. Golden Boy understand UFC model.

Comment

The KO bonus is a great idea. More incentive for the fighters to give a good show. The only thing wrong with it is the way the winner is chosen. It can easily turn into a popularity contest. Last September when Canelo won the bonus, no doubt in my mind he was going to win that bonus as long as he stopped Josesito. The other KOs that night could have been KOs of the century and Canelo would still have won due to his popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I would like it more if they didnt give it to their star fighter who was in the biggest mismatch on the card against a guy 2 weight classes down
          Good point. Maidana got robbed of his bonus. Even the damn network was big upping Canelo over Maidana and one thing I noticed is they gave the replay of Caelo's ko more airtime than maidana's. Little subtle things that influence peoples minds.

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          Boxers rarely get injured due to a ko, in many cases it's just the end result. The real problem is the accumulation of punches where your brains swells up and causes serious injuries. Look at a guy like Pacquiao who got knocked out cold yet is cleared to fight less than a year later while Mago was never even knocked down yet due to all the power punches he ate is never going to be the same man again. There's no problem with a ko the real issues is taking severe punishment.
          100% true. That why boxing is the most dangerous sport, moreso than UFC

But yeah, on topic.. I agree but for a different reason. This is a brutal sport so ko bonuses don't really bother me too much... But if you think about it, the way the bonus is awarded injustly and the very nature of dangling a bag of coins at a man if he wins by destroying his enemy.. Is a bit undignified. Its almost as if they are doubting their abilities to produce exciting finishes. If I was a ko artist on top of the game, I would deny the bonus out of pride alone.. Or donate it to charity or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            Thurman executed a good body shot ko while Karass' was a kd but the ref stopped the fight. Yeah it was dramatic because he was on his way to getting robbed but Thurman's was a better ko. But that's what they did when Canelo got the tko victory over Josesito they gave him the bonus instead of De Leon or Maidana.
            Karass had the better stoppage . Thurman's stoppage was not a body shot, it was a baurage of punches that stopped the fight. Where Karass left hook was nice and crisp, put Berto down for the TKO win.

Shouldn't matter if it's a KO or TKO, and it looks like it doesn't.

Comment

Considering they only do it for fights that will already be guaranteed wars and guys with high ko % I think it's ok

Comment

Working...
              X