Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are a champion defending your title against a KO artist...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Floyd its excuses after excuses, time and time and again and hes forgiven time and time again. Floyd is so methodical.

Maidana is a cherry picked opponent, so why wont you allow him his gloves? Don't fight him if your scared of the gloves your opponent wears then! Will Floyd ever take risks? We are led to believe the standards for Floyd are higher than for others, but that is such a blatant lie that is obvious. The standards for Floyd are so high, he wont allow his opponents to wear gloves as Floyd fears the gloves its ludicrous. Floyds not fighting someone who hits as hard as Foreman did to Ali now!

Floyd wont let hatton wrestle and hug him, but Floyd can wrestle and hug hatton when Hatton gets too close. Floyd don't like Maidana to be dirty but its ok for Floyd to be, with sucka punching as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      With Floyd its excuses after excuses, time and time and again and hes forgiven time and time again. Floyd is so methodical.

Maidana is a cherry picked opponent, so why wont you allow him his gloves? Don't fight him if your scared of the gloves your opponent wears then! Will Floyd ever take risks? We are led to believe the standards for Floyd are higher than for others, but that is such a blatant lie that is obvious. The standards for Floyd are so high, he wont allow his opponents to wear gloves as Floyd fears the gloves its ludicrous. Floyds not fighting someone who hits as hard as Foreman did to Ali now!

Floyd wont let hatton wrestle and hug him, but Floyd can wrestle and hug hatton when Hatton gets too close. Floyd don't like Maidana to be dirty but its ok for Floyd to be, with sucka punching as well.

Comment

Any fighter, especially at world class level, will try to get as many advantages as he possibly can.

It is not a friendly sparring session, it is about million dollars.

I would do the same, that's why there are negotiations.

If I thought that a certain brand of gloves would make my night much easier, I'd definitely try get the advantage.

Same as ring size, canvas etc. It's been the same since ages.

In Floyd's specific case, it's more a matter of how he did it, starting all that drama the day before the fight was distasteful.

What I do not condone is paying off judges, being a bìtch in negotiations is still part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
          Any fighter, especially at world class level, will try to get as many advantages as he possibly can.

It is not a friendly sparring session, it is about million dollars.

I would do the same, that's why there are negotiations.

If I thought that a certain brand of gloves would make my night much easier, I'd definitely try get the advantage.

Same as ring size, canvas etc. It's been the same since ages.

In Floyd's specific case, it's more a matter of how he did it, starting all that drama the day before the fight was distasteful.

What I do not condone is paying off judges, being a bìtch in negotiations is still part of the game.
          Well said. Good post.

Comment

The fact that a fighter need CERTAIN GLOVES would make me skeptical but in Mayweather's Case...he should let him have his gloves and box circles around him for 12 Rounds just because HE CAN

I think both sides are full of **** when it comes to this gloves situations because it really shouldn't matter nor should it be a issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              The fact that a fighter need CERTAIN GLOVES would make me skeptical but in Mayweather's Case...he should let him have his gloves and box circles around him for 12 Rounds just because HE CAN

I think both sides are full of **** when it comes to this gloves situations because it really shouldn't matter nor should it be a issue.
              Good post. it really should be a non issue, I want a fair fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                It would depend on whether or not I respect my opponent enough to want to beat them no questions asked, or whether or not I have a point to prove. If I didn't respect my opponent and I had no point to prove, I'd treat the matter professionally, which would mean taking steps to ensure minimal effort is required to get the job done.
                You wouldn't give all your opponents equal respect?

Comment

Working...
                X