Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When has Floyd last fought a great counterpuncher ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
    I never understood why people like oscar states, that to beat floyd you have to bumrush him and pressure him nonestop.

To me that plays right into floyds hands, that way he can pick you apart coming in all night long.
    And even more telling is that the one thing all floyds victories since the Oscar fight have in common, is that all of these guys have zero counterunching ability and all try walk floyd down.

I know that Castillo had some succes doing so, but floyd aint that guy enyone, and Castillo lost.

Cotto witch is not a great counterpuncher, was having good succes waiting until the right moment and then explode.

To me Canelo posses the exact right tools that could hurt floyd and win the fight, namly fast explosiv countecomboes.

This fight is really a hardcore match up
    Marquez...but noone is ever going to be better than FLoyd at counter punching...unless of course if Rigodeaux wants to move up to welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      Marquez...but noone is ever going to be better than FLoyd at counter punching...unless of course if Rigodeaux wants to move up to welterweight
      Marquez had to move up three divisions and was at such a size disadvantage he was forced to lead just to make anything happen. Floyd is also much rangier than JMM. Judah who's an okay counter-puncher (w/o a height or reach adv.) gave Mayweather one of his toughest fights probably winning 3 or all 4 of the first four rounds and legitimately dropping Floyd in the process. However, as is so often the case w/Judah he broke down in the second half and was nearly choked to death by Roger in the middle of a round (a good reason for a DQ).

Lara, Demetrius Andrade, Trout, Martinez would all be stylistically difficult fights for Floyd. In the past, Forrest and Winky would have also provided a difficult style match-up.

Comment

Working...
      X