No announcement yet.

Marketing major.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing major.

So, I'm thinking about getting a major in marketing, but I heard you need to do Calc. As you all know, I'm no good at math (struggle with algebra). Should I find something else?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    So, I'm thinking about getting a major in marketing, but I heard you need to do Calc. As you all know, I'm no good at math (struggle with algebra). Should I find something else?
    In my opinion, most meaningful majors in college require Calculus at the least, so you might just have to suck it up and get on with it. Hire a tutor if need be, but I wouldn't avoid a particular major just because of one class that you have to take to be in that major.

Comment

But I have a brain injury.

When I took the PSAT in high school, I scored in the 8% in math.

Comment

But I have a brain injury.

When I took the PSAT in high school, I scored in the 8% in math.
        So then find a major that requires no maths at all because based on what you're saying, you certainly won't be able to succeed in a field requiring maths in the future.

Comment

I guess I'll have to settle for a low paying, menial labor job.

Comment

I guess I'll have to settle for a low paying, menial labor job.
            Do what you think is right, VG. In my opinion, I think there's a reason that you asked this question online to begin with. In other words, I think that you overestimate how much your brain injury really handicaps you. I might be completely wrong about this, but I think that you might be able to pull off a D or so in a college-level maths class if you really put in the time and effort (and let the authorities know initially about your brain injury).

In any case, good luck.

Comment

I guess I won't get a job in marketing.

Comment

Working...
              X