Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had rios winning rounds 1-3, mike 4-6. mike started to pick up but rios caught him with that right on the 7th...well, that is boxing, anything can happen in a moment...

kudos for both fighters for a good fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      no need for a rematch though, they would just ruin each other.. move on.. Alvarado's 32, he should move up to welterweight and make one more run, call it a career.. I would..
      yeah if you have a bad ass like rios who just pulled off a win in a complete war you should reward the guy with a pacquiao fight. this type of fight takes a toll on even the winner and if rios was willing to take the other top rank 40lb bull by the horns and win i think he should be get that pacquiao shot. win or lose rios in mainstream boxing is good for boxing. get this guy making good money reward guys who take these kinds of risk to entertain us. the alvarado rematch will always be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Rios still sucks dick
        says the guy who has an avi of the guy who ducked rios

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Probably safe to say we won't see Broner calling out Bam Bam any longer, don't wanna end up like Acosta, lol
          or peterson for that matter!

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P Prince View Post
            I agree for sure, Garcia beat Khan, at least Khan has some skills, sure has no chin and no Defense but technically wayyyyy better than Rios...
            Can ya'll imagine the press conferences leading up to that fight? Angel and Brandon going at it verbally...talk about entertaining!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
              dude Danny Garcia wouldn't stand a chance, he couldn't take out a old Morales he won't be taking out Rios, Rios would walk his ass down, the boy will quit on his knees.
              I think Rios vs Garcia is the best fight that can be made at the 140lb division. (i know golden boy Top rank i can dream on but still). garcia was regarded as the division elite by hbo before the fight for his stoppage win over khan. but take a closer look at danny garcia. if you missed the first morales fight go back and watch it. to me it seems like he might have gotten a gift in a fight he probably should have lost. now fast forward to the amir khan fight and garcia loses every round until he knocks khan out. rios is not a technical fighter but garcia isn't a master technician either. both these guys would eventually have to go to war with each other and garcia would prove a bit more durable than mike. we just saw rios-alvarado foty. rios would win foty again in 2013 if the boxing gods blessed us with rios vs danny garcia. my pick i think bam bam late KO11.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                So simple for Alvardo to box the entire fight and cruise to a dec but considering he really isn't a true boxer and is more of a brawler he did his best impersonation of a boxer and yes it worked but only in spots quite humorous to think he could of kept that up with the kind of pressure and pace Rios was forcing

Alvarado throw so many punches bcse he had to , to keep Rios out of his grill he didn't fight the wrong fight he got beat by a better fighter doing what he normally does but he got it done to him so what does that say about Rios he may not be the most sound fundamental guy but what he does he does well and it's not something most fighters are used to or can handle
                exactly right and he will break some of these so called "elite" fighters like broner (who ponce outboxed), gamboa, and garcia

Comment

• I honestly don't think people appreciate the type of warrior rios is. to say he is d level is absolutely ridiculous. look at the 140lb division and the only guys i give a chance to beat him are matthysse and marquez. 40 is a stacked division and rios is a force in it. until somebody knocks rios off he has that mentality that is hard to break and absolute hell for any fighter to deal with.

Comment

• What about Rios vs Peterson? Peterson can try to get revenge for his brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      I gotta give props to Rios first and foremost. With that being said, IMHO I believe Alvarado could have easily outboxed Rios and coasted to a fairly easy UD if he would have chosen to do so. Obviously that wouldn't be near as fun for us, but I believe the guy that's gonna beat Rios is a guy who doesn't try to go punch for punch with him. When Alvarado used his jab (an amazing 50+ per round) Brandon didn't punch, and when Alvarado would stick and move he was in zero danger.

I would love to see a rematch with these two and see how different the outcome could be if Alvardo decided to box Rios. Hell, I wanna see a rematch even if Alvarado decided to go mano y mano again. These guys MUST rematch!!!!! Hell of a fight, and that's what brings the love of the game back to the fans.
                      stating the obvious. we all saw how rios fell apart against abril.

smart matchmaking should do the trick, any of Lamont Peterson, Maidana, or Mathysse can give rios more amazing figts

Comment

Working...
                      X