No announcement yet.

If they cant wait for Floyd, Pac should fight winner of Berto vs Ortiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they cant wait for Floyd, Pac should fight winner of Berto vs Ortiz 2

A fight with either would be a war. We've already heard straight from the horse's mouth (Freddie Roach) that a younger Ortiz used to get into sparring wars with Pacquaio. I'd also like to see how Pac holds up to Berto's speed and power - Pac's a fan of Berto's style to so it will make for another spectacular event.

A win over either these two would definitely bring about some props.

It's either that, or Bradley.

Poll up.
    Wait for cut to heal and Mayweather to be released for a fight in July
    20.00%
    Fight the winner of Ortiz vs Berto 2
    45.00%
    Bradley
    25.00%
    I'd rather watch a replay of Pac vs Marquez(4) or Pac vs Cotto (2) again
    10.00%

I'd rather he fought Bradley. Ortiz got knocked out, and Berto sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I'd rather he fought Bradley. Ortiz got knocked out, and Berto sucks.
      I think all three would pose a problem for Pac. I also think you're underestimating Berto.

Comment

Yeah I say Berto Ortiz winner whih i think will be berto. Mayweather wont want to fight soon after being locked up i bet. its also unlikley that bob arum will work with dibella or oscar though so...

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
          Yeah I say Berto Ortiz winner whih i think will be berto. Mayweather wont want to fight soon after being locked up i bet. its also unlikley that bob arum will work with dibella or oscar though so...
          Which technically means it should be Bradley. But I doubt that will happen, too. Because Bob will want to put Pac up against a fighter he can look against, and that person is Cotto.

Comment

.........he better not fight Bradley....

Comment

As a Cotto fan thats the one i want - Pacquaio vs Cotto 2 because i feel Cotto with a better game plan, higher fitness level and a cooler head, not to mention more confidence (all of which he'd have) could beat Manny over the full distance....

Failing that

I like the Berto vs Ortiz winner and especially if that winner is Ortiz! Great style Clash and Victor could really hurt him with his power

Bradley is a good fight but it dosnt get me excited if im honest

Not ingtrested in watching a 4th Marquez bout, Juan will only be older and cant really top that last effort (a clear win) and he didnt get it then so whats the point. The boxing world Knows that Juan Manuel Marquez is Pacquaio's superior in there

Comment

I'm fine with Floyd, Martinez, Bradley, Ortiz, Berto or JMM. Cotto re-match makes no sense.

This should be his last fight though, before he fades even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
                  I'm fine with Floyd, Martinez, Bradley, Ortiz, Berto or JMM. Cotto re-match makes no sense.

This should be his last fight though, before he fades even more.
                  A Martinez fight is very unlikely happening

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    As a Cotto fan thats the one i want - Pacquaio vs Cotto 2 because i feel Cotto with a better game plan, higher fitness level and a cooler head, not to mention more confidence (all of which he'd have) could beat Manny over the full distance....

Failing that

I like the Berto vs Ortiz winner and especially if that winner is Ortiz! Great style Clash and Victor could really hurt him with his power

Bradley is a good fight but it dosnt get me excited if im honest

Not ingtrested in watching a 4th Marquez bout, Juan will only be older and cant really top that last effort (a clear win) and he didnt get it then so whats the point. The boxing world Knows that Juan Manuel Marquez is Pacquaio's superior in there
                    I'm with him, Cotto has the tools currently. In the 1st fight he made the mistake of staying in front of Pacman trying to fight like the bigger man, when in fact the fight was 2lb's shy of the average welterweight limit. Now being that Cotto isn't huge I think that a mannyweight of 150 is just enough for Cotto to put his new found skills to the test against a fighter that has been clearly overrated himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X