No announcement yet.

Petrol prices are bloody high

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol prices are bloody high

I cant believe how much petrol in the UK is these days. When i started driving in 2002 it was about 76p a litre now its around £1.35. My car which is a 2.5 V6 MG ZT is now becoming unaffordable, it costs me around £50 a week to fuel up, insurance has gone up around 40% tax is up as well. I am now considering swapping it for some small car as it seems like all my money just pays to run the thing.

You know there are loads of other options......looky looky:

Comment

When I went to Mexico the other day, it was 3 bucks a gallon for gas and about 2.75 for diesel (which they subsidize for the farmers.) Apparently it helps if you actually drill all of your own oil. Who'd have thunk it?

You Brits have the Ruskies to thank for your outrageous prices, we just have ourselves.
      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-17-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
        You know there are loads of other options......looky looky:

running that donkey in the UK would probably be expensive.

Comment

Blimey old bean, that's a rutting shame, what what?

Comment

Ride a bike

Comment

The solution:

http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                Ride a bike
                i've a 50 mile round trip to work, fuel amounts to about 20% of my wages.

add on insurance, tax, MOT + the odd bit of mechenical work and im pretty much better of not working claiming the dole.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  Nice idea. 200 mile range, 3 min refill time, marred slightly by the 60 mph top speed and the sheer lunacy of thinking simply because you've designed an air compressor that runs on compressed air, that you've somehow discovered perpetual motion.

Almost as bad as thinking raising taxes to hire more government workers actually improves the economy.

Comment

Working...
                  X