Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If/when Mayweather comes back, who will he tune up against?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If/when Mayweather comes back, who will he tune up against?

Assuming Mayweather is coming back for Pacquiao at some point, he's probably not going straight for him. So, who does everyone think he'll come back against? He'll have to be well known enough not to negatively affect Mayweather's drawing power/ppv #s.. But he'll also have to be non threatening enough that he won't pose too major of an in ring threat to Mayweather. So, who does NSB think it will be?

I would rather see him go for the top dudes right away, that's IF he does come back. Hasn't he had enough tune ups--his ex wife, the security guard.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
      I would rather see him go for the top dudes right away, that's IF he does come back. Hasn't he had enough tune ups--his ex wife, the security guard.
      I almost feel like Berto, would be somewhat of a tuneup for Mayweather.. When you're as good as Mayweather, I think a guy like Berto or Cotto are borderline tune ups. But he'll probably be inclined to take an even softer touch.

Comment

Malignagi would be the best candidate or some guys from Jr. Welterweight. Floyd still get his millions and probably call it quits for good.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
          Malignagi would be the best candidate or some guys from Jr. Welterweight. Floyd still get his millions and probably call it quits for good.
          Malignaggi is so mobile.. Not sure Mayweather would put himself in the ring with someone he had to chase around the ring..

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            I almost feel like Berto, would be somewhat of a tuneup for Mayweather.. When you're as good as Mayweather, I think a guy like Berto or Cotto are borderline tune ups. But he'll probably be inclined to take an even softer touch.
            In my opinion amir khan would be pefect, and trust me that is a tune up, a mismatch even.

Khan would get served up something fierce.

Plus its a man that sparred with pac, and if mayweather schools him, it wold scare teh **** outta pac, or maybe berto....

Comment

this is a good question but i really dont have an answer right now

Comment

The WW division is so crappy right now that its hard to pick a decent tuneup...I don't care who the tune up is, but he needs to fight Andre Berto afterwards. Its a marketable fight between two undefeated WWs and Berto is quick, young, and powerful. After that I wanna see him and Pac go at it, or maybe even one more fight before then (such as the Khan-Bradley-Judah-Mabuza winner).

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                  The WW division is so crappy right now that its hard to pick a decent tuneup...I don't care who the tune up is, but he needs to fight Andre Berto afterwards. Its a marketable fight between two undefeated WWs and Berto is quick, young, and powerful. After that I wanna see him and Pac go at it, or maybe even one more fight before then (such as the Khan-Bradley-Judah-Mabuza winner).
                  I feel like Berto has to be the lead look for a Mayweather comeback.. He also has the benefit of not being under the Top Rank banner..

Comment

Miguel cotto.....big fight, easy fight and it would prove top rank would work with floyd under someone else's banner.

If not cotto, amir khan or andre berto

Comment

Working...
                    X